The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

power spark and fuel but no start?

I have power from the battery, fuel to the rail and spark off the wires the car cranks but will not start. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Diego

Hi, have you checked the ecu for bad caps or acid leaks, maybe also check the connection points (2 plugs, I oval like shaped, the other like a round triangle) those you normally unplug when your trying to prime the motor and don't want it to turn over.

Diego

Have not checked caps yet I will do that when I get off tonight and the connections your talking about are evidence right?

Olson

Checked your timing belt to see if its broke or not??

prove_it

Did this just happen one day or did you do some work to it? It takes power, spark, compression for a running engine. Is one of those three. You may have power at the coil wires, but what about enough spark to just the plug gap? You have fuel at the rail, but are the injectors opening?
Check you compression too while you at it. At least you can eliminate some ideas.

I bought the car with a boost leak put all new hard pipe in and changed the plugs alternator and battery and now just trying to finish it up this is the first time I tried to start it in a while but it ran when it had the boost leak.

JSchleim18

Check the BISS screw? It's the little screw on top of the throttle body facing the front of the motor. It may have been turned in too much to compensate for the boost leaks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I don't know if it will stop the car from starting

JSchleim18

If you only changed that stuff around, recheck all your connections. You might be missing something minor.

Checked connections and pulled off the fuel rail all the connections look good and injectors are firing

If anyone is in Denver I can get you food beer money I just need this fanned thing to start I am off all day today

Diego

Hmm I might be in to coming down to help you today. Let me see if I can grab my MAS, and my ecu and a few things and come help you out. Where in Denver are you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts