The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Heater/demister control panel light issue

Hope somebody can help, I had to remove the panel with demister dials. When I put it back together the backing light for the fan dial didn't work. since I didn't touch it I figured a plug might of come off so I removed the face again and jiggled the back wire with the lights turned on and it worked again. After re-installing the face again and turning on the fan, the light whent out again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Everytime I try to fix it, it just goes out again. I can feel that the fan dial might have something wrong behind it because the plug feels like it's moving about 5 deg left and right. Just wondering how to remove the three dials as they didn't seem to want to come out after removing the 4 screws. Has anyone had a problem like this? or any other ideas of what I might do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

RedTwo

the heater controls light up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
My heater unit stopped working entirely the day it snowed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Misterfixit has a few service manuals scaned, this JDM Climate section is probably the most relevant.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned