The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cant get past 45 mph

Starts and takes off ok, but while driving it hesitates, while coming to stops it turns off, wont let me get past 45 mph, it bucks and hesitates. Anyone have this problem before. If anyone might know what my problem could be please let me know. thanx

rdomeck

Could be a bunch of things, but I would start with bad gas, severe vacuum/boost leak, timing off, TPS sensor bad. A little more info would help others help you. Did this just start or did it happen after any new parts? Has your car been sitting for a while?

Had the cyclone motor put in it and was having an idle problem think it was the fuel pressure regulator cuz it smelled like gas like if it was getting too much. Replaced the fpr and got it running a lil better. Vacuum lines seem to be fine, the only thing i dont have is that white canister my motor didnt come with one. But i dont think that is causing my problem.

Problem solved, hose off the throttlebody came loose. Finally I get to drive this thing, only took 4 months to work out all the kinks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts