The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63 ecu vs 4g67 help needed

Hey guys,

Goes like this. I wanted to data log from my dily driver non turbo witch is a 4g63 dohc, I found that I couldn't because my ECU is a duel board. I found a guy selling a single board loggable ecu localy. He was using it in a 4g63 mirage and the parts world he bought it from labeled it "e33a galant sedan", however searching the numbers on the net MD152613 has shown it to be from a 4g67 1.8dohc gti. It's obvious that it can run a 2lt no problems but would there be any theoretical power difference using this ecu?

fuel

will have different fuel and ignition maps, but I would imagine they wouldn't differ a huge amount. The larger injectors of the 2L are probably running it a bit richer with the 4G67 ECU.

Quote:
The larger injectors of the 2L are probably running it a bit richer with the 4G67 ECU.

Wouldn't it detect that and lean off a bit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif 4g67 injectors are 210cc and 4g63 are 240cc, but maybe since the ecu is from a "gti 4g67" the injectors might be the same? does anyone know? Think it's the same ecu as the 4g67 gti colt. Actualy I think it's the same ecu that masterfix has in his 1800 dd.

Thanks for your input fuel, I got a message from the seller.

Quote:
I never had any issues, but I did not have any issues running the 4g63 on a 4g61 ecu either. Ended up with smoother idle and better fuel economy over the 4g61 ecu. I could not have been more clear about what I needed when I bought it and this is what dodsons gave me and I would hope they know what they are doing. I hope that is reassuring

I pulled the ECU from my wifes Viento (4g67) and it turns out it's got an eprom chip. I bought the non eprom 4g67 ecu and will use it in my wife's car. With the help of the guys at 4g61t.org I will try another chip in the eprom unit with a bin file meant for my car but with some small changes.

In the mean time I will just use it as is. RESOLVED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nabeel

I am not sure. But i think knock sensor will not work.

fuel

^^ don't see why not? They use the same pins on the ECU etc. The 4G67 is basically a smaller bore (81.5mm) version of the N/A 4G63 DOHC and displaces 1834cc. I think the main difference with the 4G67 is different cam duration and a smaller combustion chamber in the head. Maybe you're confusing it with the 4G37?

MMM must have some luck on my side, unless I'm mistaken the suposed 4g67 ecu with eprom from my wifes jdm 6g is infact a 4g63 ecu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif EProm chip has "E734" on it. I was searching dsm-ecu for the correct 2lt .bin file and when I found it and compared it to what's in my ecu it was the same "E734-NT JDM 2.0 Galant, Cyclone, no knock sensor FWD" Here's a photo (yes the caps are leaking, first thing on my list to replace)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts