The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tach Needle Jump After Connecting Battery

Chim55117

Just hooked up my battery on car to test out some connections, turned the key two clicks, and the tach needle went crazy and jumped past 8-9K and is sitting near the fuel needle.

Just wondering if this is normal at this point considering all my grounds are not set, and my MAF is not plugged in amongst other things. Just don't want anything to be wrong.

I guess I'm asking if it will go back down after all connections etc are in and the car is ready to start. Don't want there to be any damage to the instrument cluster/tach.

Thanks for your input.

- Stephen

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned