The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch

Yao

Hello all, I have been out of galant scene for a while now and am trying to make my galant daily driver again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I need a good street clutch recommendation for my Galant vr4. I have had ACT 2600 in there for a long time, and recent month of driving it in traffic and old age is getting to me. I don't want to go twin disk, but I want one that would be light like stock and handle 350-400hp. Any new clutches for DSM anymore? or is it still the same old choices....

Terry Posten

My Clutchnet unit is the 3x PP and 6 puck disc. It is very easy to push the pedal in but it does chatter. It holds 361whp easily.

I would recommend the 3x PP and a full street disc. That should hold and be super smooth.

I think that my clutch is almost as easy as a stock unit.

However, I do have a new master and slave and also new revised fork and new ball. (all stock stuff) And I do have an ACT chromemoly flywheel.

Last edited:

4thStroke

I had an ACT 2600/sprung 6 puck hold my 530whp and daily use. It was a little beat up when I took it out, but it wasn't slipping on me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts