The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ok what are the wires on the Main fuse panel that goes to the battery?

Brunoboy

ok So I saw These wires on the Panel that goes onto the battery to control ABS/Alternator...., I rewired to a Power Distribution block and wanted to know if this was ok. I first noticed that the Alternator fuse is a 100amp on the directory, but in my fuse box it was a 80 amp fuse inserted. Can this be a big problem to why my car doesnt seem to hold a charge or anything? also I was wondering what the third wire on the alternator fuse is for?. if I were to rewire my alternator to the block with 4awg is that fine with the 100 amp? The bigger fuse box I seem to be missing a "ECS" Fuse? What is that? and is it important?Thanks guys
-Shane

Brunoboy

anyone that can tell me?

jepherz

Staff member
ECS is the adjustable suspension that vr4's didn't come with. A fuse is just a current limited wire, so technically that 80 amp fuse isn't a problem, UNLESS it blows at some unsuspecting time and leaves you stranded.

Brunoboy

i looked at the fuse, it was Black(enlarge the pic).........also do you know what that one wire alone is for on the fuse panel? and what the third wire for the alt is for?

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Anyone? I'm trying to fix my issue .

Boost4U

Sorry I can't be of any help but where did you get the fuse block? I want to find one for my batt relocation.

Brunoboy

eBay, it's an mtx 3 port 4g 4 port 8 gauge.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts