The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

runs rough with TPS plugged in?

dsm10o0

Well, my car is acting up after i changed the radiator and qthermostat housing to a 1g. It barely wants to run now. Idles like crap. Ive checked all my connections and used all the same sensors but those aren't the problem. Ive changed the maf, and cas still the same. Now, i unplugged the TPS and it will idle nice and if i plug it back in, itll barely stay running and die. Changed it and its still the same.

im lost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

dsm10o0

Just did a log through dsmlink and the TPS is stuck at 100% no matter what.

Terry Posten

Is it stuck at 100 when unplugged?

dsm10o0

When unplugged, its at 0% and will idle fine but once i plug it back in, itll run like crap thinking its running WOT on idle.

Terry Posten

Well, that tells me that the wiring is not shorted out from the sensor to the ECU. I would just chnage out the TPS.

onesickcrx

Sounds like a bad TPS too me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif #1285 had same issue when I first bought it

dsm10o0

I changed out the tps 3 times and nothing worked. for some reason im getting 5v on the ground wire on the tps connector.

grocery_getter

Is the +5V signal still intact? Figure out where the short is on the tps ground. Or provide it with an independent ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned