The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tranny brack (lever) pin

Nabeel

Any one could get out the pin of the lever? Any idea please.
I keep hitting the pin but it did not move.

brisvr4

Air chisel and a lot of luck.
Be very careful removing it as the shaft can be bent if you use too much force.

Last edited:

Nabeel

I dont have Air chisel' If you mean cut the lever it self. Then may be I can use dremel!

brisvr4

No no no, don't cut it!
Why do you need to get that lever off?

Nabeel

I will change it. this lever little longer than the GVR4 one. Which causing shifting issue.

680-58-013.EPS.JPG

pauleyman

Yeah good luck with that. It's a tapered pin. I tried one time so I could change the seal. No go. Later I decideded to see how bad it was and cut the shaft off a junk bellhousing. 20ton press wouldn't get it.

grocery_getter

Quoting Nabeel:
I will change it. this lever little longer than the GVR4 one. Which causing shifting issue.

If you just need to shorten the throw of the arm, just drill a hole in the distance off pivot that you want, and you can use a bolt and a nut to create a second post. Center drill the bolt the right depth then you can use a cotter pin to secure the linkage.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts