The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Toybreaker

John hooked me up with a directional and relay for free. He even sent them at no cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif I can't thank him enough
C. Besso

Gimpin

+1 sent me some floor plugs too ... thanks John

Dude is a G, he has been a godsend for me and my car... John wow, thanks so much man! I am REALLY glad we met, and I really truly admire you!

Only other guy to show up to the latest CO meet...I drove all the way down from Fort Collins, 45 minutes late. He was there, ran datalogger for me, and then did some homework on my fusebox problems and called me out of the blue about it, which was appreciated...definitely someone I'll call for help in the future. Friendly guy, knows his sh*t, salt of the earth.

CarRacer

John sent me a box of goodies for my car. I originally asked for a MAF plug and he put in 5 more things. All in labled ziplock bags. He sent this all for free. He only asked that I donate to the site.

All in all a super cool guy. I've got his phone number and he makes a great sounding board. A great resource for the site.

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Shipped me a GSR gauge pod for free, when mine got stolen out of my car (along with other stuff). Truly a pillar of the community.

I can't believe I completely forgot to leave a good guy post!! Sorry about that John.

First off, he bought a 834/2000 off me earlier this year. Great experience. No hassles whatsoever. He came out and got it with money in hand just like he said he would. He even brought me a Pepsi! Past experiences with selling cars has always left me frustrated. People say they'll show up, say they have the money, but don't ever keep their commitments. Not so with John. He did everything he said he would.

I was also having problems getting my gauges to light up properly. He called me up and gave me some advice with some ways to wire them up.

He's definately a great guy. Hopefully get to do business with him again.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

John mailed me some ECU pins/cables for FREE. Awesome guy in my book and I hope one day I could return the favor. Not too many guys around like him.
Thanks again.

Adrian

CP

John's been helping me with a driveshaft issue over the phone for the last few days and has been VERY helpful, taking the time to talk things through and explain details to this amateur shadetree machanic. All this without even being asked; just a phone number for me to call very early on a Sunday morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thanks John!

gmp

john, thanks so much again for helping me with the finally little bit to get my car running"even tho im a bit slow and missing one lame little plug". But anyways it was really great to have met ya and im glad to know that good guys like yourself are there to help the newbies. And i hope to return the favor someday.

p.s.White is prob the fastest color will see once i get it all buttoned up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hooked me up big time when I needed some shims for my transmission and waited til the last minuite to order them. Thanks a bunch John, Chris

Almost forgot, great deal on shipping and the shims themselves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I owe you John, let me know if you need anything at all.

John drove up to meet me in Denver from his home and gave me the whole right rear wheel assembly (everything from the arms out, minus brake caliper, disc, the wheel itself, all of which are fine) with the understanding that I fix mine and trade that one back (if it's not totally shot) and that I pay it forward with helping people out in the future. It's all cleaned up, ABS sensor was neatly taped to one of the arms. Basically gave it to me for free (including labor time for pulling and cleaning those parts, which is not to be underestimated), other than the cost of parts to fix "the whole shitaree" on my car's wheel setup if it's salvageable. And if it's not, he said "we'll work something out." I intend fair compensation of time/money if that ends up being the case.

I love his philosophy of helping/enabling people help themselves by building the skill to work on cars in the Galant (and general DSM) community. Top notch guy who goes out of his way to help for the love of these cars and DIY mentality, who gladly answers questions with his veteran ASE mechanic experience when asked, and who I am happy to assist should I be asked to do so, despite my relative newness to car tinkering. All he asks is that you return the favor to others, and that's a very fair request for how much he does freewillingly.

Thanks again John! I owe you one!

Last edited by a moderator:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifjohn is a grate man helped my when my alternator took a crap even lending me his own alternator and showing me how to fit it,even fixing my lights and introducing my to other gvr4 owners the first friend i made since moving to Denver,the guy really knows his stuff looking forward to meeting him again, thanks john /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Terry Posten

John is a true asset to our community and is an all around good friend.

Bends over backwards for us.

Hope you fell better.

John is the definition of what we call a "Good Guy!" He has been helping some of us newbies here in Colorado figure out many of our problems! I cant thank him enough for helping us!

He said that he does it because people helped him when he was young and I will do the same!

I will do anything I can to help you out John or anyone else to my best abilities!

Thanks again John! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Toy breaker also hooked me up with a Thermostat Pigtail! GOOD GUY! I appreciated your help a lot!

John was awesome enough to hook me up again. I received the parts super fast too, CO to MA in 2 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif thanks

ktmrider

Just wanted to ( also ) recognize John for his immesurable contributions to the site and GVR4 community.
The latest offer to help out gsxtasee with temporary storage is just one of MANY selfless acts.
Thanks again John for reminding us that not everything has a price tag or strings attached.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting Mike:

The latest offer to help out gsxtasee with temporary storage is just one of MANY selfless acts.

If we do save Jason's car, it's going to be because Tim, (DailyDsm), did all the legwork.

Quote:

Thanks again John for reminding us that not everything has a price tag or strings attached....

"A gearhead without a Galant is like a fish without a two wheeled means of locomotion"

errrr, or some such. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarRacer

Toybreaker helped me diagnose a bad MAF adapter over the phone. Thanks for the help again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts