The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stevep

Recommended by Keydiver aka "Jeff O." for ECU socketing/repair.

http://home.xnet.com/~steve/Auto/DSM/ECURepair.html

Absolutely amazing work. I sent in my ECU on a Monday, got it back Wednesday. New Caps, ZIF socket, other parts replaced. His work is noticeable only if you look Very closely, otherwise it looks factory. The "board" also got a bath and a protective dialectic covering.

I'm Very happy with Steve's work.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Piette just refurbed my GVR4 ECU and did an amazing job. The ECU is beautiful, looks new and even came with that new ECU smell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. He was very responsive, helpful, professional and provided a service report. It was time for another set of caps and there was some acid damage left over that needed repair. Highly recommended!

Here's his web page: http://home.xnet.com/~steve/Auto/DSM/ECURepair.html

and my summary report:
03-14-2005
MD165810 91-92 GVR4 (E39A) Federal MT EPROM ECU
E2T37378E
6578E Processor board from MD166262 6/90-6/92 Federal MT 1G DSM Turbo AWD
E331B989B
MH6111-E827
M60011-0131J E303
M59107JE310
Custom EPROM

R129 Installed R25 Installed
R130 Not Installed R26 Installed

Reported Problem: Capacitor Replacement and repair.

ECU executes heartbeat on arrival.
Capacitors previously replaced and potted.
Electrolyte still present under potting

D118 removed to clean. Reinstalled.

C44 ground open. Replaced.
C108 +5 pad almost gone. Repaired.
C106 ground pad gone. Repaired.
C106 +12 pad almost gone. Repaired.
Pin 68 (ISC B2) open at C106 via. Repaired.
C19 damaged. Replaced.
R46 damaged. Replaced.

C106, C107, C108 replaced.

ECU executes heartbeat after repair.

Passes all sensor and solenoid tests.
Car starts, runs, no codes.

CmanorVr4

+1 Steve socketed my eprom and made other necessary repairs as warranted, highly recommend anyone doing business with him!!!! Jason /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rgeier11

Definately a great guy. My GVR4 ECU was throwing 5 codes. He fixed all of them and my ECU is as good as new. I did the whole transaction at his house and not through the mail. He was very helpful with driving directions and troubleshooting my car problems.

+1 for Steve.

spartan

I have to say this was absolutely one of the best transactions that I have ever had with a dsm'er. I sent in my ecu on a Saturday, he got it on Tuesday, and I had it back by Friday. He turned my dead ECU into a fire breathing monster. I had him repair the board, replace the caps and install my keydiver chip; and he did an absolutely amazing job. I think I might send him the "back-up" ECU that I bought from someone that was dead also. Thanks again Steve!!

Travis

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings