The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Grocery_Getter / Andre / Pina Motorsports

I searched up and down for a thread about Andre (Grocery_Getter) and was surprised that one didn't exist. My relationship with him started when I took a trip from San Francisco to Seattle for vacation in the dependable #1890. I figured it would be a good idea to stop by his shop since I was in the area. He was very pleasant to talk to and even put my car on the lift to do a quick inspection at no cost. After that, I was sold on who my business was going to during my next project.

Here's what I bought from him at very good prices: Evo 3 16G + manifold + O2 housing, oil supply line, turbo bolts + washers, and various gaskets. The product support has been fabulous.

Thanks Andre!

Last edited by a moderator:

marvinmadman

Just dont buy the quick release v band clamp kits that he sells. They are not for automotive use. And guess what, you can't return them even if they don't seal correctly. He told me to use some copper wire in the flange groove. There is not even supposed to be a RTJ provision on the flanges anyway. Yippi! $290 in the trash, THANKS!

grocery_getter

We used that exact same quick release flange here at the shop. We used the 2.5" and the 3" just like the ones that we shipped to you. Yes they work. I even sold quite a few of the 2.5" ones to a local rally prep guy here who uses them on Subaru rally cars.

Andre

marvinmadman

Good luck with them that's all I can say, and that they were not manufactured for the intent of automotive use. I used the flanges with some other clamps that actually sealed them. Hopefully they don't crack with RTJ groove in the flange that took away alot of material.

christo

Just wanted to say I would highly recommend Andre, Ryan and the crew from Pina Motorsports.

They built me a TB exhaust for my Talon in house and shipped it all the way down to Alabama. It is a excellent piece and they were very helpful and easy to deal with the whole way through. Andres work is by far top notch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sold a gt-42bb to Andre. Was a smooth transaction would deal with Andre again! A++
Thanks,
Rob

slugsgomoo

Had the car in to Andre to get a good bit of fabrication work done. As always he and the guys down at Pina turn out top notch work.

s_firestone

Bought an EGR Block off plate from Andre. Arrived in two days upon payment. The plate is a well-machined piece. I would definitely do business again.

spooling92vr4

andre modified a fuel sender housing for my bosch 044, my welding skill certainly weren't up to par to mess with this rusted piece of crap sender.. i shipped it to him and he did a great job on it..and i had it back within a little over a week. thats great turnaround time considering im all the way across the country from him. andre gets an A+ in my book

spooling92vr4

the guy has once again jumped through hoops for me.. there was a problem with my sender andre quickly resolved it at his expense, sourced out another piece for me, shipped it back along with another item and beef jerky!

thanks again

Last edited:

Super cool guy. Knows his stuff & smooth transaction. Items shipped promptly. Can't wait to receive them.

Pistons & main girdle all received as scheduled. It's a pleasure to deal with Andre.

I too have purchased several items from Andre @ PinaMotorsports and all the items were wrapped very well (full exhaust came without a scratch like it was wrapped by the people who built fort knox) and turned out to work awesome on my car. It seemed like every day I was getting compliments on his custom sleeper 3" exhaust. The pics of his wedling skills on his website speak for themself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Great guy. Very good customer support even though it was USPS's fault, he still stood behind his stuff.

Got my alt relocation kit today.
What a master piece work of art.
Always love when I get a top knotch part and a super smooth transaction.
Thanks Andre.

Got my block-offs today in the mail and very nice quality will be slapping at least the egr one on this weekend.
Thanks again Andre

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts