The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prestonztt

broxma

So this guy puts this Magnus SMIM up for sale in the FS section. New guy, so I'm being cautious. So I PM this "Prestonztt" person, if that is in fact his real fake made up name. He "tells" me, he has this "manifold", and even though I have seen a picture of it, I am not one to simply take that as proof of anything. So I really dig in with the skepticism. "What's your Paypal address?" I ask, knowing this will surely show him for who he really is. He replies AGAIN, with a PP address! Now, I'm certain I being taken for a ride.

So now I'm going to set him up for the kill. I take money in my bank account and by way of magic, send it to him. Actually, I sent a bit over cause that's how I roll. I really like to drive the point home. So now I wait for the explosion. Finally, my suspicions will be confirmed and we can be rid of this charlatan. Suddenly, like the next day, he sends me another PM. I figure this is the one where he starts to apologize and start with the excuses. WRONG! Tracking number. Right. We'll see if that tracking number is even real FedEx, you surly overlord you.

So I look, and I look, and I look. Actually I only looked once. Doesn't matter. The thing was real! Now I'm worried. Pretty sure I am going to get a bomb in the mail or a severed horse head. The delivery notice says it will be arriving on a Saturday. Excellent, I'll be home and set up the ambush on the obviously phony FedEx driver.

As luck would have it, I slept in that day as I do every day. Damn driver woke me from a perfect dream having something to do with shoes or something. I grab my weapon, and old broken broom handle, and run to the door. My wife is already headed to the door though. "NOOO!!!" I scream, "I'LL GET IT!!!" She turns rather abruptly and goes back to doing, whatever it is she does. I slowly open the door. A box. Brown, cardboard, tape. I poke it with the broom handle. Nothing. I rig one of those pin hole cameras to the largest of my four dogs. I figure he the biggest, he can probably take the brunt of the explosion and save the rest of the house. I send him onto the front porch. He apparently does not understand English because he just runs around the front yard and then pees on the address sign we have out front. I go get him.

Since I am sure this box is rigged with enough whatever to send the whole neighborhood to the next world, the dog and I walk right up to it. Now my dog is not a bomb sniffing dog, but I am certain he could be under the right circumstances. He sniffs the box. Nothing. No sit. No bark. Maybe I have been over cautious? Maybe i have let my mind get the best of me? My dog, who is not at all trained says it is ok. I grab the box.

So anyway. I got this manifold off this guy goes by Prestonztt. The purchase was totally good and he was quick to ship and got me the tracking number really fast and stuff.

And Alansupra is pretty bent about it. But he bought first on a part a few months back I was looking to get so payback I guess.

Thanks Prestonztt.

/brox

GSTwithPSI

Overall, great seller. I purchased an socketed Eprom ECU from him. We ran into some problems with shipping when the post office held the package due to it being weighed incorrectly. The post office didn't notify him of this however, and we both thought the package was on it's way. This drug out me actually receiving the ECU for a little over a month, But I was deployed at the time and didn't really care about the extra time it took to get it. He kept in contact with me when I explained I hadn't received my package yet, and fixed all the shipping issues no questions asked. sh*t happens, and he did right on his end which is all I can ask for. Good seller, and I would buy from him again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts