The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

1941Galant

Number - 1414/2000
Price - $3,400
Location - Danville, PA 17821
Mileage - ~145,000
Mods - Free mods, KYB GR2's w/ H&R springs, and socketed ECU w/ stock chip.

I picked up this nile black VR4 back in December because I wanted to have something fun to drive as well as another car to tinker with. It is 99% bone stock, and unmolested. I cannot find any evidence of any crashes either. The car runs fairly well, after the fuel filter change it gets around 24 mpg.

I am getting rid of the car because I don't have the money to do everything I want to it, and there is a chance I will be moving away soon and I don't want the car sitting outside while I am gone. Shipping the vehicle is not an issue, and neither is meeting somewhere within a reasonable distance.

Work the car needs:
-Driveshaft rebuild (wub wub noise on decel)
-Needs a clutch & TOB
-Needs fresh trans fluid
-Throttle body rebuild, and new ISC
-Balance shafts removed, new timing belt, water pump, etc...
-New or upgraded exhaust manifold as I think this one is cracked
-Possibly new fuel feed line

The bad:
-Transmission will grind if shifting too quickly
-Some idle issues, I unplugged the the ISC because it is going bad
-Rust behind the front fenders, holes need to be patched and fenders need to be repaired.
-Dings and dents, front bumper is a little scuffed up
-Dash is bubbling a little bit
-The top part of the rear seat is separating
-Rust hole behind pass. side rear wheel behind the bumper (needs to be patched)
-Aftermarket antenna that doesn't work the best.
-Blower motor control is kind of finicky.
-Exhaust leak, most likely the exhaust manifold
-Very slight fuel leak near gas tank on feed line. It doesn't drip, it's just wet
-Last time I tried the diagnostic port did not make a connection with the datalogger

The good:
-New alternator
-Nice eprom ecu w/ caps replaced and a socket installed
-Recent inspection
-Recent alignment
-New CAS
-AC blows cold
-The paint is fantastic, especially for being 20 years old
-The interior is in decent shape, except for the bubble on the dash and rear seat
-Sunroof works flawlessly, no leaks either
-The turbo seems to be in good shape
-Intercooler was cleaned out
-Replacement radiator that has metal end tanks

At the moment, this is everything I can think of off the top of my head. If I think of anything else important I will add it to the thread. Feel free to send me a PM or give me a call (570) 594-4316 if you're interested in the car.

Thanks,

Hill

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Cleaned up the thread. If someone feels the need to debate something with the owner please send him a PM.

Thanks.

John

1941Galant

Thanks John, I appreciate it.

For what it's worth, nobody complained about the price of this car when it was listed for $4k a few months ago. I could have easily said it was a mostly stock VR4 with a few issues and I'm sure nobody would complain, but that isn't my style. If you buy a car from me, you will know every thing I know about it, no matter how small. The last thing I want to do is have someone drive a few hours only to be let down, or to get the car home and find some surprise.

Also, the lifters are quite loud upon first start up, I have a set of 3g lifters that can go with the car for the right price, and it's more than possible that the knock sensor will have to be replaced if it's the original.

Gombos

Do you have any pictures of the rust on the car?

1941Galant

I will be posting some detailed pictures up shortly. I have to do mandatory overtime at work until the end of the month, but I will try and get some good pictures this weekend.

1941Galant

Drivers side behind the dogleg.

Passenger side behind dogleg.

This is behind the rear passenger wheel.

This is a shot from inside the trunk behind the passenger wheel.

It looks like water once got into the trunk, but I haven't seen a drop since I've had the car. I have the entire trunk interior including the spare in the garage.

1941Galant

I apologize for forgetting your question. I actually don't know what wheels they are. I got them 2nd hand a while ago, and I can't remember.

The price on the car is negotiable, so if you're interested, feel free to send me an offer.

1941Galant

I guess I will bump this one more time. The stock wheels are back on since I blew a tire on the 17s. I removed and threw out the rear seats since somehow there was a squirrel in the trunk and it must have pissed all over the back of the seats. I am putting evo rear seats or the rear seats from 1941/2000 in it, I just haven't decided or even had the time to work on it yet. The car still runs fine, I almost have 145k on it right now.

If the car doesn't sell anytime soon, it will be getting an entire overhaul and a 50 trim with supporting mods.

I am lowering the price to $3,700, if you would like any of the parts that I have amassed, we can work something out.

number3

The dealings I have had with Hill have been very good, for what it is worth.

GSX_TC

those kinda look like Rota Sub Zero's, are you selling the 17's?

1941Galant

Thanks Harry, and GSX_TC, I don't believe they are Rota's, and if I sell this car, I will sell the rims since this is my only 4 lug car. If I keep the car, I will get a nice set of tires and run them next summer.

By the way, this car is also going to be getting a set of almost new (

1941Galant

Bump for a price drop. There has to be someone out there that is interested in this thing. Pretty much all of the problems with it have been discovered, you know what you're getting, and I feel that it is a pretty damn good price. The car is still inspected, it has great tires, new suspension, an alignment, and it's about to get some new brakes. I am also throwing the Evo 8 rear seats in since the stock rear seats were garbage. The car still has a rough idle, but once you start driving it's fine. For the right price I will also get rid of some of the parts that I have gathered for it.

DSMlink V2.5
Buschurr Street FMIC & piping
PTE 50 trim, evo manifold, 40mm EWG, SS o2 housing
720cc Denso injectors
Supra TT fuel pump
Fidanza flywheel (haven't picked up a clutch kit yet)
2g MAS & intake

turbojew

hey very interested.....did u get the car to sync to datalogger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned