The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi SHP (automatic not running) $1000 Boulder, CO

mistaVR4

Hello, all,

I'm sorry to say I have to sell a car I really never wanted to sell :-(. Right now it doesn't run, however, the transmission was great when it did, I'm not sure why it doesn't run, it could be simple, it may not, the engine does turn over and the car really wants to start but it doesn't, so there seems to be no major internal engine damage. It has somewhere in the area of 113,xxx original miles on it, I'm the second owner, the interior is in very great shape! All of the interior electronics work perfectly except for the gas gauge but I have an extra gauge cluster that I was going to swap the gas gauge out of, or just the whole cluster (which will be included with the sale). There is a dent in the right side front fender but I have a clean replacement that came off the same color Conquest, so it can just bolt right on. I also might add that right before I parked it I had BRAND NEW $550 tires put on (I got great deal from a friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif $750 norm...

The front air dam has a couple of cracks on both ends like most do, however, a little fiber glass could fix that right up, or, you could just pick up another one and have it painted. It also has a little tiny bit of rust at the bottom of the front left fender at the bottom where it meets the drivers door. Absolutely no faded paint!!
I know how rare and special these cars are, and their are so few left, plus its the 1989 year which was the best year, so I would like to see it go to someone that will fix it rather then part it, unless you have a good one that you want a parts car for. But still, this one is in awesome shape for its age, and is begging for a new owner to fix her up and enjoy!!

The whole car is stock, it was never modified, ever, except for a K&N filter, and satellite radio system that is installed and will also be included with the vehicle.

Serious inquires only, I know what I've got here:). Tires, extra fender, and Satellite radio alone cost me $1000.......

I also do have a clean title in hand ready to be signed over!

UPDATE 4/22/11:

I have had the car turn over just fine, however the battery in the car is not the redtop, and the current battery is completely junk! With jumpers it really turns over well and almost seems to start but I just can't get it there, I may try to put in a new battery and some gas (in case it just happens to out of gas..:-/) I also have a fairly good list of trouble shooting procedures that I may try if I have the time. Only problem is I probably won't.

So as the car sits now I would take $1000! If I can get it running it will stick at $1500. 113,xxx original mile 89 SHP Quest is a good deal! Well see what happens? But please keep interest in the Quest, your always welcome to come see it in person in Boulder.

Please email to contact me I'm always at my computer! Or call 303-910-3748, if no answer please leave a message with your number, I call you back right away!........Also, PLEASE no text messages.

Update 5/15/2011:

The car has been diagnosed with a bad head gasket, there is also a possible bent right front strut or CTRL arm (if you do the work yourself maybe $600 at the most....A mechanic will cost you probably 1500-2000 bucks because he will charge a lot for labor and will also order the parts he needs to fix it brand new, which will cost A LOT). I can get every part needed to fix this car for a fraction of the price, which I will do for someone that actually knows what they are buying, and will appreciate! My "Potential buyer" obviously knows nothing about cars, he claims he has a 1980 turbo Nissan 280 ZX (very neat cars! My dad had one, and it saved their lives when a drunk driver hit them head on), and also a 1985 Toyota Supra. I find this hard to believe after what we went through and how he reacted to looking at the car? He made two flights from ATL and back and not take a prime example of a 89 SHP Quest just doesn't make any sense? So, he flew here from Atlanta to buy the car, gave me $500 and said it was a done deal. Then he fly's back 3 days later a demands his deposit back once he found out for sure the head gasket was blown (he paid the mechanic to tell me what was wrong with it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I had clearly stated in my add that it may need major work. Being the nice guy that I am, I gave him his money and sent him on his way.......

Sorry for the rant fellas, guys like this just scare me... But I can't blame him because he has been screwed very bad in the past buying cars, he acts like a car guy but isn't. Poor unlucky guy... At any rate, the car is still for sale, if you, or anyone you know may be interested in a Mitsu Conquest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (THAT NEEDS WORK) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Offers at $1000 or more are welcome.

Oh and one more thing, there is a perfectly straight Black conquest shell (complete shell) for $400 about 20 miles from where mine is, that has everything needed to fix mine.

Here are some pics of her:

Thanks,

Last edited:

VR4Scott

Holy sh*t! Get me a shipping quote to Orlando, Florida. Just sold one of my 2g's 4 days ago and would love this as a replacement.

mistaVR4

Hey man,

We better discuss this through email, [email protected]. I have never shipped a vehicle. You will need to guide me!

mistaVR4

I also just realized there are no pics of the engine bay, it's pretty clean and is as stock as they come, battery is ugly and dead, however if you would like to see any pics of the bay or anything else if your seriously interested I can go over to the car (it's in a friends storage lot) and take as many pics of anything you request!

Thanks,

mistaVR4

Bump....Changes have been made, post has been updated for anyone remotely interested?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned