The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD!

SOLD!

MORE PICS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE!

Well, I've finally decided to sell the Galant and just stick to my 3000GT. This is a completely, 100% bone-stock VR-4.

I just brought it back to my parents' place a couple weeks ago, and switched to my other car. The body is about a 9/10, with some slight peeling of clear-coat and a chip on the passenger side mirror. The sunroof is completely functional and works like a charm, with no leaks coming through. The interior is a 9.5/10, the only "issue" being the radio has some slight problems and doesn't work all the time, but it is completely stock. The leather is in very good condition considering its age. Shifter works well. Interior-wise, the only other thing to mention would be some slight peeling/wear on the steering wheel.

The transmission is in great condition, no problems shifting and no gears grind. The engine was rebuilt a couple of years ago and has only had about 3000 miles put on it since then, roughly. The chassis has approx. 189k on it. Some rusting underneath. Originally I was going to turn it into my "fun" car but finances caught up and needed to put money into getting my degrees first. I'd rather not have that car sitting, it deserves to have a good home. The engine MIGHT need a little work, there appears to be some lifter tick, but my 3000GT has made the same sound for years with no problems. Other than that, all the fluids have been changed in the last few months, the windshield was replaced when I bought it (had a crack in it from the previous owner), and the tires have plenty of tread left on them. The brake pads could stand to be updated, but it still has no problem stopping from highway speeds. The battery shouldn't need to be replaced for another couple of years, and is an Optima Yellowtop.

The only real issue with the car is the powersteering. The previous owner claimed he fixed it, but I've had to fix it myself. I recently had the lines with leaks in them cut out and replaced, but another line has started to leak now. This would, of course, be taken into consideration if/when the car was bought, in the final price.

The engine was rebuilt and broken in correctly. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not keep any of the receipts for the parts/labor, so I have no records of that. The carfax I got two years ago was flawless. I can get another one if you like, or I could show you the copy that I received at the time.

Current asking price is $3,000, but is open to negotiation. Also interested in trading for a good condition Subaru. Anyway, let me know what's up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds just fine man. Obviously I can't promise I'll still have it (have a few people PMing me about it atm), but let me know if/when you want to come see it.

i have cash in hand if this is still for sale. lemme know if its still available. 920-253-0463

Is the car still for sale? Check your PM, I want to come check this car out if its still for sale.

Sorry guys, summer courses are kicking my ass and I haven't been back since I posted this, basically. Apologies to those who sent PMs and whatnot. But, as its been such a long time, and people can change their minds or look for different vehicles, while I responded to all PMs, this is getting bumped and now it is back on a first-come, first-serve basis.

As for the rust question, its a little surface rust in some areas, and a bit more in others. I'll try to get back up to my parents' place and get some pics in the relatively near future.

Price dropped to $3,000 OBO, trying to get it sold.

Last edited by a moderator:

At work right now, but managed to take some pics this weekend. Will put them up later.

Just after a wash.

Clearcoat on the hood/fender beginning to peel.

Undercarriage, mostly surface rust.

minneSNOWta

bump! check your messages!!!

minneSNOWta

yo dawg, check that pm box.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts