The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 VR4 333/2000 St. Joseph, MO ***Getting parted out***

14u2nV

I'm getting out of the game and concentrating on my truck, buggy and Monte. I bought this car as a shell and spent the last 6mos or so fixing all the issues left by the p/o. Wiring was a nightmare, pieces were missing, nothing worked right. I've soldered/heat shrank every wire I could find that was spliced. I replaced as many pieces as I could find, even the doors/seats/hood. Everything on the car works (NO a/c).

Car runs fine, still needs some tuning but I am putting some 560 injectors and getting the logger hooked up this weekend (*Both Done*). It is currently running 12psi of boost. No idea on miles, cluster is from another car, engine is from another car.

-Maft blow-through
-unknown i/c
-silverstar bulbs up front
-Led bulbs all around
-Fuel pump is supposed to be a 190 I think, it's loud.
-Boost and oil pressure gauges are mounted in the radio spot as well as a pocket with door. I planned on running just an amp to the speakers with a jack to hook my Iphone up to it, just haven't gotten that far yet. It will come with the stock radio in case you want to put it back, all wiring is in place.
-Battery is in the trunk
-oil seal went out on the front b/s a month or two ago, I replaced it and took out the b/s belt. Was supposed to have a stub coming so I could swap it, but the guy never sent it and never messaged me back about it. It is not an issue, no noticeable difference from before to after removal.
-Water pump put on a couple weeks ago
-lower shores boost controller
-civic radiator
-I have the quick release injector plugs on their way to me, and will get them installed as soon as I have them. (*Installed*)

Car has only a 3" downpipe and glasspack. I've been trying to find a cheap exhaust or save up for a good one, but plans have changed. Exhaust is on, 3" glasspack to bumper. Could still use a muffler, but is much better now.

My most immediate plans for it were:

*Finish the intake (half has been done in alum, the rest is pieced together. It works fine, but just isn't the prettiest). -If it doesn't sell soon, I will finish this.
*Finish the trunk (I put mdf down to make it all flat and planned to carpet it and make a box to hold my tools) -I will get the trunk done, it's a quick job
*wheel/tires
*exhaust
*COP

There is no A/C (removed), no ABS (removed) and no cruise (removed).

I think that's about it. It doesn't really need anything, could use a little body work on the dents and some paint. I had a new windshield put in a few months ago.

Needs a timing cover, the one on it is broke and I can't find my good one.

It will have stock gauge faces in it, I'm keeping the black ones, and the shift knob will be different.
I will add more to the description in the next day or two and a ton more pix.

Last edited:

Wow, you have done a lot of work to that car. Last time I saw it it was sitting in a guys yard here in town just rotting. It does look good though, you have only had the car since last summer correct?

Anyways good luck with the sale man.

I sent you a PM but here is my number 8one6-57two-04five8. I am interested in buying it and I'm in KC.

14u2nV

I am camping for the weekend, so if you message me it may take a little while to respond.

14u2nV

Got the title back in my name today, clear and ready to transfer.
*560 injectors are installed
*quick release inj plugs installed
*Chip to come this weekend

Last edited:

14u2nV

I'm committed to selling now, so make me an offer. Might consider a trade for a bike, boat or jetski. I'll be putting it up on c/l tonight.

14u2nV

For $3000, I'll drive it to you within a days drive, and provided you will take me to an airport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I must have a non-refundable deposit of $500 though to pay for expenses.

14u2nV

Got my chip installed, and logger is all setup. Price drop cuz I have a project I need money for soon.

14u2nV

ONly 1 interested party, and haven't heard from him. Guess I picked the wrong time to try to sell a running, drivable Galant with clean title. Funny there is more interest in cars with no titles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

highspeed

I just don't think alot of people are interested in fixing all that stuff. I would grab it from you myself but it looks like it need alot more help than I am willing to go after for the price. That is just me. I do agree with you about the number of people who should be interested in this because it does have a title ;-)

14u2nV

Fixing all what stuff? All it NEEDs is an exhaust. Intake works fine, Tuning just needs fine tuned, the other stuff were just future add-ons. It is currently my daily driver and it's doing fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

14u2nV

Pay for the gas and I will. Would be a good chance to stop in fort polk, LA to visit my sister. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highspeed

Quoting 14u2nV:
Fixing all what stuff? All it NEEDs is an exhaust. Intake works fine, Tuning just needs fine tuned, the other stuff were just future add-ons. It is currently my daily driver and it's doing fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Oh, well I guess I would want to fix more than what you have listed above. The price is worth it for what you get, I won't argue that much.

14u2nV

Bump. Several inquiries from Craigslist, but only one from here. Car is just sitting, waiting for a new home.

chrisfullwood

You said you don't know much about the engine, whether its been bored our or not? are there any major leaks or anything like that?

I have a 90GSX that is being a constant pain in my a$$, if your not to far away and it would make it without issue, i would consider buying the car. and scrapping the shell to my car and take all the new components from my car and moving it over. I have been looking for a good motor to take apart, and replace / build up.

My biggest concern is reliability at the moment.

14u2nV

I haven't noticed any leaks. I don't think it was bored, guy told me he had the head redone. Can't confirm. Before I got my truck running this month, it was my daily driver and didn't let me down. With an exhaust and a little better tuning I wouldn't be scared to drive it anywhere.

*for $3000,I'll throw in my spare engine (it's pretty complete, but I don't know much about it. It came with my talon as a spare) and whatever parts I have around here that you might want.

Last edited:

chrisfullwood

If you can find out if the spare engine is a 6bolt or not. let me know.

ill have to negotiate with my better half. Does it have a regular o2 housing. I could probably just pull my exhaust off if i buy it and bring it with me. then slap it on for the ride home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts