The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Galant GSX roller w/ mods $1050 New Jersey -Sale Pending

NateCrisman

EDIT May 12th 2011 - Deposit on the shell...pending delivery

I'v got a 1990 Galant GSX (originally non-turbo AWD) rolling chassis for sale.

$1050 is my NEW asking price on the roller. I have a trailer and delivery can be negotiated. I'd hate to part this one out, as it's actually pretty nice. (original price was $1575)

[email protected] or 862 251 2571 Cell/txt to get ahold of me.
The car is located at 1028 Rt 94, Blairstown, NJ 07825 if anyone wants to googlemap or GPS the distance or come take a look at the car.

Details on the car:
[*]This car was previously "gvr4 converted" and had a turbo wiring harness installed when it last ran. Plugs right in with no mods.
[*]Nordic blue paint in very good condition. Misc dings and typical paint chips for age. Pass front fender has some "ripple" on the top.
[*]129k miles on the body, very good condition on the bottom...as rust free as 22 years old can be. The car was originally from Missouri and then went to Michigan
[*]Alpha Male is the last member to own the car and drive it. I bought it from ACT250R along with his GVR4 #1552 which was parted out (he was going to swap to this GGSX shell but lost time/interest)
[*]Blue cloth interior in good condition, power sunroof, electric seatbelts.
[*]The front radiator support has a dent on the bottom as if the car hit a big rock (shown in pics) and there is a small "wave" in the very bottom of the radiator support frame rail. This is forward of the shock tower and doesn't affect the alignment or drivetrain at all.
[*]Clean NY title, no issues with transferring ownership.
[/list]

"Goodies" that are on the car worth noting:
(I could part out just this list below and get far more than the asking price)
[*]JDM bumper w/ brackets painted in the correct nordic blue color
[*]93 Headlights and Clear corner lights
[*]KYB AGX shocks in nearly new condition
[*]4 Bolt DSM rear (diff/axles/cups)
[*]5lug DSM hubs F&R
[*]new brembo front brake rotors
[*]new front ball joints
[*]new clutch master cyl
[*]ES suspension arm, swaybar, and subframe bushings installed
[*]POR 15 painted engine bay, front suspension, subframe, engine mounts, crossmembers, and misc underhood brackets. (lots of time effort & time on this)
[*]walbro 255hp pump on a good sending unit. fuel tank has all studs intact.
[*]-6 fuel feed line
[*]Includes driveshaft and front axles
[*]Includes correct GVR4 engine mount brackets (por15'd)
[*]includes stock 6bolt awd flywheel
[*]The car comes with a radiator support section cut from another GVR4 if new owner wishes to cut/weld in a new lower radiator support to make it perfect.
[*]The trunk and back seats are full of misc parts as well as boxes and bags of bolts & hardware
[*]power steering parts are in the truck as well.
[/list]

What the car needs to be put together and driven:
[*]ECU & engine electronics (cas, injectors, maf, ignition, throttle body, o2 sensor, Tstat sensors, ect)
[*]Engine wiring harness from a GVR4 (you could make a 91-94 DSM turbo harness work as well)
[*]Engine, turbo, and exhaust system
[*]Engine bay accessories: intercooler, pipes, intake & airfilter, radiator, hosing, vac lines ect
[*]Trans & Xcase (clutch too)
[*]Misc nuts/bolts/hardware for drivetrain re-assembly
[*]Front brake calipers, pads, and hoses
[*] Time, Effort, and Patience to build a car from a shell and go over all the details

[/list]

Basically, you could use any working/crashed/rotted 1G AWD DSM/GVR4 to swap the drivetrain into this rare and good condition shell to make a "one of a kind" GVR4. I'm tempted to build the car myself over the summer just like I did #139/1000 but I'll sell it off if the price is right.

Pics: Unfortunately, it snowed today. I'll clean the car out and get more detailed photos of the interior and underhood.

1223883980_wXGde-M.jpg

1223883902_w2Ekz-M.jpg

1223884094_eRhCV-M.jpg

1223884228_eVFUQ-M.jpg

1223884526_9M5ox-M.jpg

1223883774_ArgmJ-M.jpg

1223883660_B2DiP-M.jpg

1223882714_CT8G6-M.jpg

1223882574_bRu7f-M.jpg

1223883083_Cn7P9-M.jpg

1223883286_26jhv-M.jpg

1223883448_YxQSc-M.jpg

1223882421_QNujx-M.jpg

EDIT May 5th 2011:
Iv since removed/sold the engine wiring harness and the 3" turboback exhaust....price on the car had dropped to $1200.

Edit May 8th 2011:
Acura TL wheels that are shown in the pics have been removed/sold. The car is now rolling on 16" OEM grey 1G Talon wheels w/ good tires. Price dropped to $1050

Edit May 12th 2011:
I'v taken a deposit on the car pending delivery on May 18th. Car is basically sold.

Last edited:

nickbuilt

if you end up parting this car out i got dibs on the jdm front bumper with fogs!!!

-nick

NateCrisman

I'm far more likely to snag a drivetrain from a 1g awd parts car (not like I don't process enough of them) later this summer and make it into a running car to sell than I am to part it out. At that point, Id also consider keeping it.

CutlassJim

Nate this is one I would consider keeping too. The clean condition of the car coupled with the color make me wet. I would pick it up if I wasn't unloading a shell myself and getting another one right after.

NateCrisman

Im very very much considering keeping it, hence why I put the price on the high side. If it sells...fine. If it sits...I'll put it together this spring/summer and decide to either keep it or sell it as a completely sorted out car.

I agree, it would be very very unique.

NateCrisman

Quoting hosmer:
dammit I want this...

It's on the trailer and the truck is gassed up and ready to deliver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Lancer99

I love the color! But my wife would be mad and no where to store it. Good luck with the sale though!

MellowVR4

if you have this car in about 2 months ill def scoop it up. someone better get it before i do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

NateCrisman

Im planning to start de-modding the car in a couple weeks in order to lower the asking price significantly. I'v got buyers for most of these parts, so I might as well sell them instead of banking on selling the car whole

4bolt rear will come out
eng wiring harness will come out
headlights and corners lights will be swapped out for oem gvr4 parts.
Wheels will likely be oem 1G AWD Talon wheels...TL wheels back for sale
3" exhaust will come off and sell seperate

Price on the shell will drop accordingly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Please keep it Nate!!! You could easily put together a low 12sec car for close to nothing and sell it down the road(too me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)for $5k plus.

NateCrisman

Need to move this shell, willing to negotiate with someone who wants to rebuild this thing.

862 251 2571 TXT prefered
[email protected] Also good way to hit me up.

i have a motor for 500 bux in partsFS that someone should buy with it! put this gallant back on the road!

donkeylips

If I had a better job I would snag it. My VR4 is so rotted and I'm not very far away.

mikus

+1 sorry to clutter another FS thread but this is hot, exactly the body/color I'd like the one in my garage to have. If I still had a 6 car garage I'd make an offer. GLWS!

NateCrisman

Price drop by $375 down to $1200 due to removal of the 3" exhaust and the engine wiring harness that were sold off it.

This weekend Im expecting to sell the 4bolt rear and the Acura TL wheels.....if that happens the shell price will drop another $250 down to $950

The car will also come with a nicer set of blue cloth seats, as the seats in the car have a few rips and what looks like a cig burn. So you get 2 complete sets of seats.

Last edited:

Lancer99

Damn it I still want this but no money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Anyways good luck with the sale!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts