The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 91 Galant VR4, recently rebuilt, Belize Green $4000 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to the VIN this was one of the 9 VR4s that did not receive a badge originally. It was probably initially used as an internal company car and does not list the VR1 option package (badge) on the file and so it is a "pre-badge" car. This was also the 16th built for the USDM.

A little history on my ownership: I bought the car in late 2009 from a fellow in Glastonbury CT, daily drove it all over New England and in late 2010 the timing belt broke and so too did the internals of the motor. Following that I had the guys over at HTA Motorsports rebuild the motor, replace the transmission, turbo and ECU.

Needless to say, lots of money has been put into this car and I have the receipts nicely organized in a folder for your viewing pleasure.

Currently the car runs and drives however, under load will "sputter" or hesitate around 3,500-4,000 RPM. With no load the motor revs freely with no issues. I will be moving back to Australia next year and unfortunately the Galant has become less of a priority.

The clear coat has begun to fade on the roof. Drivers' seat has a small tear but otherwise the interior looks great. There are also a few small (nickel sized) dings on the car. Stock wheels will also come with the car.

Engine:
Wiseco pistons
Eagle rods
Balance shaft eliminator
External B&M oil cooler -08AN braided lines
SBR coated exhaust manifold
Evo 16G
Filter feed kit
Coated 2g o2 housing

Fuel Delivery:
-06AN fuel feed
255 pump
Aeromotive AFPR
Evo injectors

Transmission:
Centerforce stage 1 clutch (less than 10,000 miles old)
ACT lightweight flywheel
Lower milage transmission installed late 2010

Suspension:
KYB GR2 suspension
4 bolt rear
AWS delete
GM front strut brace

Other:
Aluminum radiator w/electric fan
Power steering delete
A/C delete
Power antenna delete
Cruise control delete
Battery relocated to trunk
Advan AVS 16x7 Wheels
Pioneer MP3/CD Stereo Autometer Boost and Volt gauge (VR4 logo on mounting plate)

The only thing not pictured are the rally armor mud flaps and original spoiler that are now on the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Price dropped because the has been at my mechanic for a month or two and he seems to be MIA - Issue with the car is that it stutters above 3500rpm. No boost leaks. Just spent over $3k on having motor rebuilt, new ECU and turbo.

Added more pics, also now entertaining part out enquiries.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned