The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sold: 1991 GVR4 in Williamsport, PA 1414/2000 $4k -SOLD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

This car was purchased new and maintained through all of its' days at Farfield BMW in Montoursville, PA. The dealership no longer handles the Mitsubishi franchise but the in-house BMW mechanic was and still is the designated Mitsubishi mechanic and has always serviced this car from day one. Unmolested and mostly original this car has had all the suggested manufacturer's maintenance schedule completed at the dealership. For the person who buys this car, I will be happy to put you in touch with the mechanic who knows the complete history of the vehicle. He is the one who replaced the timing belt, water pump and related items at around 100k miles. At the time I am writing this the car has 141,619k original miles. Mileage will change as I drive it about once a week or so. The car has never used synthetic oil and the same has been changed religiously every 3 k miles or less. It has also only used 93 octane gasoline. Consumes very little oil between changes and it does not smoke.
I have had a few Audi autos but always wanted a more radical AWD sports car and came across this one by luck. Truly a great car, but just not my cup of tea.
After being a lurker on this forum for sometime I have realized that someone with a real passion for it should have it. The car is great, runs great, everything works. The instrument panel color can be switched between orange/green with the push of a button. The sunroof works and has no leaks. The car is virtually rust free except for one small spot by the bottom hinge on inside of driver's side door pillar. I did have to put a new exhaust section and catalytic converter as original rusted out and started leaking but that's it.
What is very noticeable on the car is how comfortable it is for a small car. Most of the miles I've driven on this car were on small day trips with my wife and child. It is an awesome highway car! As an avid motorcycle rider for over 35 years I can tell you that passing other vehicles on the road with this car it is almost as fun as doing it on a bike, awesome acceleration, very strong 4th and 5th gears.
There is a small stain on the front bumper, passenger side, from a rub against a parking post. The result of careless driving really, but it did not break or dent the bumper in any way. I am sure some rubbing compound would remove it. Doors on both sides have knicks from other vehicles' doors hitting it over these twenty years of use.
If I was to keep this car the first order of business for me would be to replace shocks and struts. The driver side front strut needs replaced before any real agressive driving. The clutch does not slip at all but it doesn't have the best feel, so that would be second item. Third item would be to have a upholsterer fix the seat on the seat header by the rear window where the stitches have come out of some of the seams.
I have three keys (top of two original keys are gold plated as car used to belong to a goldsmith) and owner's manual is in its original pouch. I also have two extra factory headlights that are in perfect condition. Found them on a flea market and grabbed them just because. I prefer the headlights go with the purchase of the vehicle. I am not selling them separately. Any showing of the car will be done in a pre-arranged location and I suggest Reighard's Fast Tag service, 1323 East 3rd Street, Williamsport, PA as the place to transfer the title. I will take you for a ride on the car if you want to. You can drive it when it's yours. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

number3

Is the mechanic's name, Dan?

I am going to be in Wmspt for the Christmas Holiday (my parents live with in walking distance of Reighard's) if anyone want me to take a quick look for it for them.

Indeed it is Dan.

I just blew my knee up tonight. Will be going to orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to assess the situation. Doesn't look like I will be driving the VR4 anytime soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am entertaining reasonable offers as well. Also, since I blew my knee up yesterday, I guess I won't be taking anyone for rides. I am an eager seller at this point if you would like to PM me with your offer. Thank you.

number3

Anyone interested in this car? I should be able to take a closer look and give it spin and let you.

Nate

Please tell Dan Cristini that Nate Pharr said hello! He's a great guy, and an excellent mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts