The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Unmolested Rust-free GVR4 in Dallas $3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've decided it's finally time for my GVR4 to go live with someone else. I rarely drive it anymore and have too many cars, so the herd needs to be thinned out a bit. This is NOT a rusty, ratted out, or hoopty beater GVR4. I've owned it since ~2000 when I bought it from the 1st or second owner who was a middle-aged lady with 100k miles on it. It has spent it's life in California and Texas, so it has NO rust which seems to be pretty rare from the cars I've seen for sale. It is also very lightly modified and has never been to the track. It even still has the stock clutch that I bought it with ~70k miles ago. I've got the factory owners manual, paperwork from the original owner, and the original impossible to find keyfob that matches this car. This would make a great base for whatever you plan to build.

Some details of the car;

#57/2000
White with no sunroof
169k miles
Very clean interior with nothing broken, torn or missing.
Original stock 14b, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, etc.
The only mods to the car are a custom 3" turbo-back with cat, ported 95 mani, O2 dump, EVC EZ (running 12psi and just installed it because the stock BCS croaked on me), turbo timer, Boost/EGT Gauges, and SS clutch and brake lines.
Other than that it is unmolested and bone-ass stock, as in stock clutch, stock tranny that still shifts well, stock 3 bolt with AWS intact, etc.
It also has a new water pump, timing/balance shaft belt and alternator and will come with an ACT2600 with a street disk that is not installed.

Things it will need;

Tie-rod ends
Motor mounts since they are pretty worn
Valve cover gasket
Paint on at least the hood, passenger fender and passenger front door. These are the only panels that have been repainted on the car and the clear coat is delaminating. I'd paint the whole thing since it does have some dings from being a DD, but you could get by with those three panels.
MAF since it occasionally throws a barometric pressure sensor error.

Other than that it runs great and I used it for a daily driver for years. I'd originally planned to keep it around and build it up with my son for his first car, but that is years away and I don't want it sitting around any longer.

Pics;

click

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

Wait for Nick/vr4ownzu to request 50 more pics LOL. Also surprised icurunnin hasn't jumped in yet either esp since it's in TX.

Very nice car, my dream model actually ( non-sunroof SW for my tall azz ). I even just bought those exact Enkei NT03's two weeks ago! Great visual on how they will look.

GL bump!

toybreaker

iconoclast
Please put your location in the thread title or your thread may be removed.

As per the rules, you must also put up a few pictures in the thread.

If this car is as clean as you say it is, some good pics would really help you sell it.

And ktmrider, quit lookin and start buying! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ktmrider

Quoting toybreaker:
And ktmrider, quit lookin and start buying!

LOL I'm calling the kettle black on the others aren't I?!?

This car is as tempting as them all. If I weren't in so much hot water at home already with the travel and purchase of said rims I would be making flight plans to TX.

Thanks for the bumps guys, I appreciate it. BTW, I added my location to the Topic and there is a link to quite a few pics at the bottom of the post. If anyone needs more just lemme know.

Thanks,
Chris

icurunnin

Quoting ktmrider:
Wait for Nick/vr4ownzu to request 50 more pics LOL. Also surprised icurunnin hasn't jumped in yet either esp since it's in TX.

Very nice car, my dream model actually ( non-sunroof SW for my tall azz ). I even just bought those exact Enkei NT03's two weeks ago! Great visual on how they will look.

GL bump!

KTM you are right on the money! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
But no sunroof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
DAMN IT

Took a deposit on the car. Thanks for the interest guys and it looks like #57 will be going to a worthy owner.

jnava

Staff member
Ed,
#57 isn't going to leave the metroplex. It has taken me a while to find a gvr4 that is in great shape, and tons of paperwork, original literature from the dealership, Original key fob, and the love and care given by the two previous owners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RACER-X

Dude you are way underselling this car... that interior is about as close as your going to get to a 10/10. At least in the pics the exterior is near perfect as well.

Beautiful car, it's a shame you're not able to keep it.

jnava

Staff member
You should see his FD3 and his Audi. I jumped the instant I saw the post, but others posted issue of it not being a sunroof car. I personally own a convertible so I have plenty of sky in my other cars. The interior is perfect IMO.The AC works and so does the heater. Chris loved this car and I will do the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RACER-X

Well congrats to you on being the next owner... and know this, the day you get tired of it, let me know and I will gladly buy it from you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BluFalcon

Awesome! It's good to hear she wont be leaving the area and is going to a good home.
Quoting jnava:
Ed,
#57 isn't going to leave the metroplex. It has taken me a while to find a gvr4 that is in great shape, and tons of paperwork, original literature from the dealership, Original key fob, and the love and care given by the two previous owners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quoting RACER-X:
Dude you are way underselling this car... that interior is about as close as your going to get to a 10/10. At least in the pics the exterior is near perfect as well.

Beautiful car, it's a shame you're not able to keep it.

Thanks for the compliments man. It'll be going to a good home as Juan seems pretty excited to get his hands on it and I think we've come to a fair price for both of us. I'll probably have him give me a shout if he ever decides to sell it in the future as I'm sure I'll regret getting rid of it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RACER-X

We all do. Wife is making me get rid of mine and not nearly as nice inside and out as yours but I still don't want to let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts