The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1992 GVR4 #139/1000 - NJ - $6500 price drop 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateCrisman

SOLD 12/6/2010 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

1992 Galant VR4 #139 of 1000 - $8500 including 2 sets of wheels and 2 sets of suspension

Price drop to 6500 with the silver wheels and standard suspension for quick sale ASAP.

Green with sunroof. Heavily modified, upgraded, and well setup/tuned.
90,650 miles as of 11/24/2010

This car will make an awesome daily driver, weekend track car, and/or platform for further modifications. Later in the add are links to all the track report threads from the fun times I had at the dragstrip with this car up till this summer. Since I'v re-aquired my old 1g AWD dragstrip car, and that has me occupied with 16g record chasing and has taken #139's spot as a "hobby project car" Iv decided that I just can't keep up with two modified mitsubishi cars at the same time and it's time to let one of them go.

The car is basically a turnkey 11 second car on street tires and either E85 fuel or racegas. It should go mid 12's @ 110 on 93pumpgas with no trouble in it's current form. I'll include all of my tuning/logging files for various fuels and make my best attempt at helping the new owner with tuning/setup. Curb weight has been pared down to about 2900lb without disturbing the oem interior. The only things I would change if I were to keep the car would be to swap the turbo cartridge for the larger Evo3 16g wheel and install a set of mild cams. With those 2 changes on good fuel, the car should run a solid mid 11 and approaching 120mph.

Interior condition: It's pretty much perfect. Leather seats are mint and without any rips/tears/wear. The dash has no cracks. All electronics work Power windows, Power locks, Power sunroof, power seatbelts. There are no missing or broken plastic trim parts. The carpet was in excellent condition and I dyed it black to match the seats better. Headliner is perfect (super rare).

Exterior condition: Paint is in overall excellent condition. There are 3 dings on the body: Rear pass door, under the pass taillight, and one very small ding on the rear pass wheel arch. Rust free. POR15 undercoated (see the 2009 build thread, it was torn down to bare unibody). There are some paint scratches and scuffs on the urethane bumpers and ground effects, but the paint on all the metal body parts is near excellent. Compared to the average GVR4, this car is as near mint as you will likely ever find with original paint. Windows are tinted. Black trim has been repainted. Windshield replaced fall 09. I'v had many DSM/GVR4 guys over to my shop to pickup parts and many remark that the car is "stunningly clean" or "that's the nicest overall vr4 I'v ever seen in person". With a re-paint of the urethane moldings/bumpers this car would be 100% perfect.

Maintenance: Engine & Trans recently rebuilt. Summer of 2009 the car was rebuilt from a bare shell with much attention to detail. Suspension bushings, brakes, tie rod ends, ball joints, and front axles were replaced. The wiring harnesses were gone through and reloomed with un-needed circuits removed. New fuel lines. There is basically nothing that the car needs for maintenance at all. The car will have a fresh 4wheel alignment this week. I'm a stickler for cleanliness so every part that goes on the car is cleaned in a parts washer tank before being bolted on.

This ad will be updated with more information and current photographs to over the thanksgiving weekend. I'm planning to clean it and take a full set of new photographs over the weekend, but for the mean time, these old pics will give the basic idea:

933990461_GZ8Gt-L.jpg

933989604_FWhhW-L.jpg

800260980_raxFM-L.jpg

800261443_f5zcF-L.jpg

800259981_pNuZh-L.jpg

800260507_3NtaM-L.jpg

Modifications:
Engine:
Rebuilt 6bolt shortblock: 8.5:1 2g pistons, stock rods.
Freshly rebuilt 1G head with stock valvetrain, cams, and intake manifold
forward facing oil filter housing.
stock HG & ARP L19 headstuds.
Balance shafts removed.
90 water pipe
Jay Racing alternator relocation
Unorthodox aluminum crank pulley
JNZ Finishing powdercoated valve cover
Prothane engine mounts
slim pusher radiator fan
non-cruise throttle cable
Jaz 1pt oil catch can[/list]

Exhaust:

Evo3 ported exhaust manifold
MHI 16G with internal wastegate
MHI ported Evo3 7cm turbine housing
Punishment recirqulated 2.5" o2 housing
3" turboback exhaust[/list]

Intake:

3" Stainless intake pipe with K&N filter
XS Power 24" x 12" x 4" FMIC core. (inlet endtank flipped & rewelded with 2.5" cast elbow)
2.5" polished aluminum custom ic pipes
Tial knock-off bov (xs power brand)
1G DSM NT throttle body with vac ports eliminated. EGR block offf
[/list]

Fuel:

750cc FIC Injectors

Last edited:

NateCrisman

The funny thing that Im sure will blow everyone's mind: I bought a 04 Dodge Durango 5.7l hemi to replace the GVR4 as my daily driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Im going from a 2900lb 11second "sports sedan" to a 5500lb lumbering behemoth. In all seriousness, I needed a vehicle to tow my trailer that could accommodate my whole family, so a full size SUV was the best choice. With the durango I can take my wife and kids to the racetrack, go to the shootout in Ohio, and make weekend trips out of the times I drive 1/3 across the country for a partout car instead of going by myself. (I have been previously towing with a borrowed GMC stripped-down work truck with a single bench seat, so I was going alone everytime). I can't afford or justify keeping the GVR4 while I have this durango that would make a fine everyday driver since my real job and the partout shop are only 4miles from home. I also have an issue with parking space to keep my 1g racecar, trailer, durango, and gvr4, so something has to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Price drop of $2000 off......$6500 is the new price as of 11/30. The house I'v been under contract to buy since June has FINALLY had the title cleared up and is ready to close...and naturally they want to close like next week. So, like many people in this situation, Im liquidating for cash.

At $6500 the car will come with the 5spoke silver wheels and on agx shocks & stock springs. I have the coilovers and gold wheels for sale separately.

The car also needs a few little things addressed that I had assumed I'd have plenty of time to take care off:

it needs a wheel alignment since changing the suspension to tall/soft for winter.
it needs the rear window tinted or the side tint removed...your choice, but it looks wierd the way it is now with sides black and back window clear.
it needs the door window frames repainted black...right now they are the typical faded grey.
it needs the engine bay detailed and cleaned. it isn't "greasy or dirty", it mostly just has coolant residue from the last time it blew a hg and I haven't had time to go at it with a washcloth and toothbrush
It needs the valve cover gasket changed...leaking.
[/list]

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Sold 12/6/2010. Man, Im going to miss it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Thanks again Nate for letting me know someone was interested in buying it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

NateCrisman

Brad, sorry man, but I had someone local offer to buy it for the asking price in cash immediately. I needed a quick sale in cash to put $ in the bank for my house closing, not kidding, tomorrow! I didn't have time to go back and forth holding this guy up for an "I call dibs" situation. I posted the price drop 6 days ago with the "ASAP cash" disclaimer. Im sorry I didn't email you, but things have gotten insane hectic with the house buying situation.

Last edited:

It's all good. I wish I was in a position to have done the same thing and as a seller I would have done exactly what you did pretty much.

Cash talks.

Glad someone will get to enjoy it! I might just have to pick up a shell and do something from the ground up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned