The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 Galant VR4 705/2000 Nor*Cal - $2000 OBO

dsm10o0

Looking to see what I can get for my car.

Ball park asking price $2000

Its a 2 tone 91 VR4 with 143K miles. Number 705/2000.

Clean Nevada title
Runs and drives great

Has a full 5 lug conversion with 4ws delete
91 3 bolt rear end
97 17'' talon wheels
3000gt vr4 fuel pump
New fuel filter
dsm shifter
cruise control delete
KYB AGX all around with HnR lowering springs
90 Coil cooler set up
spare vr4 dash board

Motor has been swapped by the previous owner with a stock 1g dsm. Not sure how many miles are on it but runs strong. Put in new Tbelt, bshaft belt and mobile 1 oil.

Exterior is in good condition. No big major dents, just some dings on it. Original color was belize green but I repainted it graphite gray with black bottom for 2 tone. Its not the best paint job but its good for spray painting.

Interior is pretty clean. Front seats are in good condition and pretty mint besides a small ri on passenger seat, smaller than a size of a dime. Back seat are clean, a tear about half a dollar size on the stitches from being in the sun, bottom part is great.

The BAD:
Crack on front windshield
Registration has been expire since november of 2006. Not sure how much its gonna be to get it up to date. Better off waiting another year to get it out of the DMV system.(if that still works) Not sure how much to price it due to this.

Reason for selling:
Having a baby this week and need to pay for hospital bills and more baby stuff. Wont have enough time or money to put in this car. I really love it and hate to sell it but now is not the time to play around with cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tre3zy

damn sucks that you have to sell it but its for the better i guess.... GLWS

ktmrider

Couple of q's:

1. Is the title in YOUR name? "Clean" in someone else's name is not good in any state much less CA.
2. Sunroof or non?
3. Do you still have the cruise control items?
4. A/C still intact and/or operational?

Last edited:

thedsmguy

Actually I'd buy a car in another persons name (other then seller) if the title was legit and signed off. The DMV has no way to tell who that person was selling the car to and never has given me any problems.

dsm10o0

thanks triz.

If I don't sell it for the right price, I'll just keep it and park it somewhere.

The car isn't registered in my name. I got the car from a friend who got it from the registered owner. I'll post up the VIN number later on today.

It's a non sunroof car

I still have the old cruise control stuff

All ac components are there. I just gotta put back the pully bracket and belt and a recharge to get it to work.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting thedsmguy:
Actually I'd buy a car in another persons name (other then seller) if the title was legit and signed off. The DMV has no way to tell who that person was selling the car to and never has given me any problems.

Ok, ALMOST in any state LOL.

Not trying to clutter the OP's thread or be negative, just trying to save everyone some serious headaches. If the title is signed ONLY, no dates or whatnot, then what dsmguy posted "should" be OK. I say should because once the newest owner does register the vehicle and that state's DMV sends off the original for verification all hell can break loose. Ultimately the person named on the title owns the car, they can easily come back and say the car was stolen/never sold/misplaced, etc. Then the "seller" is in for selling stolen merchandise and the "buyer" is likely out the money they paid. Protect yourself AND your fellow G enthusiasts, get the title in your name before selling ( even just in your name, register as Non-Operational or the like ).

Again not trying to crap on your FS thread, GL and hope all works out well in the end!

Brunoboy

as long as the owner at the time signed it, it doesnt matter who buys it. technically the next person who registers it is the new next owner. no headaches, no problem.
-Shane

dsm10o0

Bump, mods please change title to FS. Thanks

price is best offer just need to sell it quick.

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ Done

Good luck with your sale.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings