The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 92 Talon AWD - unmolested - 67k miles - NJ - $1850

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateCrisman

SOLD 10/23/2010 for the asking price + delivery.

1992 Talon TSI AWD with ~67,000 original miles. It is completely stock and unmolested by hacker dsmer's thus far.

[*]Engine is 6bolt w/ 14b and is completely stock & original. I don't believe that any mechanical work was ever done. With 67k, It is possibly the original oem timing belt! It's likely due for a timing belt replacement simply for age. Warm compression is 155 to 159psi on all 4 cyl. It is oem original down to the vacuum lines and oem spark plug wires!

[*]Fuel system is pretty much new. I replaced the fuel tank & sending unit with good used parts. New Napa fuel filter. The fuel pump is a new walbro 190lph upgrade.

[*]ECU had bad caps, Iv swapped ecu to a working one. (This was the likely original cause of the car sitting for a decade). I'v also put in a battery & terminals.

[*]I replaced the clutch master cyl and slave cyl. The clutch pedal assembly was worn, so I removed it and had the assembly welded solid. That's a MAJOR PITA that is now good-to-go. OEM stock clutch works fine, the trans goes into all gears. Clutch releases nicely.

[*]Body wise the car is in very good condition. Nice oem silver paint. There are no dings or scratches on the bumper covers, doors, or rear 1/4s. The hood and drivers front fender have rust spots and should be replaced. I'll have pics of the car over the weekend after I wash it and clean it up. With a new hood and fender this would be an awesome looking original car.

[*]Interior is complete and in excellent shape. Grey/black/rainbow cloth seats. All plastic is good, nice carpet, nothing missing. The trunk is perfect with all the original cardboard/carpet stuff! The only issue with the interior is the headliner cloth has come unglued and fallen down. (spray glue fix!). Even has oem stereo system.

[*]OEM wheels/tires. If I were going to drive the car, I'd put 4 new tires on it just for piece of mind since these are old and it has been sitting on them for the better part of 10 years.

[*]I bought the car "as is" not in running condition a couple months ago and have repaired things to where the car is drive-able and worth selling. It will make an excellent daily driver or an un-hacked platform for modifications. Finding a running & drivable 1G AWD that hasn't already been hacked up and destroyed by kid DSMer's without any mechanic skills is pretty rare.
[/list]

As of right now, the car starts/drives and has made laps around my shop in the driveways. It is not registered, inspected, or insured as of today. Have the original title in hand from when the car was bought new at the dealership by the original owner (says 129miles! issued in Dec 1994)

I'm planning to clean the body/interior this weekend and take photos. If I don't have it sold like this, I'll register, insure, and inspect it this week and start driving it while cleaning it up further. Obviously the price will go up after I have it completely street ready and further fixed up.

Price as is today...$1850

I can deliver via trailer since it's not registered for $1 per mile within the north jersey/east pa area.

[email protected]

Last edited:

DSMGVR4

Hey Nate, I may be very interested in this car. I've been looking to get back into a dsm for quite time. I just have to figure out how to get this thing home. I'm in Piscataway.
John

steve

I PM'ed Nate telling him to sell it quick before I do something stupid like buying it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

Struc

Quoting DSMGVR4:
Hey Nate, I may be very interested in this car. I've been looking to get back into a dsm for quite time. I just have to figure out how to get this thing home. I'm in Piscataway.
John

Pay Nate an extra $110 and have him deliver it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Nate,

Please take a moment to post some pics.

Thanks.

John

NateCrisman

Pics up just to satisfy rules for now. These pics were from the day I got it, so there is a decade of dust/dirt on the car. It will clean up nicely after which, Ill replace the pics with new ones of the car clean and ready to go.

1049536234_jRPWd-L.jpg

1049537400_jq4Ys-L.jpg

1049538950_j63Qc-L.jpg

Last edited:

NateCrisman

I'v got emails and pms' like crazy with everyone wanting dibs.

As ususal, it's going to be first come first served with cash in hand.

G

Staff member
Any engine pics?

steve

I don't think he's worried about posting up more pics or details, there's literally about 15 people in line for this car.

CutlassJim

Yeah I've even offered to pay for it via Paypal sight unseen and come down the next day to pick it up and haven't heard anyting back yet. I've been looking to replace my grey 91 for about 5 years now.

Last edited:

belize1334

^^ If you sent a PM you're unlikely to get a response. Nate is easier to contact through email.

CutlassJim

I sent him an Email the night he posted this and two PMs since then. I will try another Email though thanks for the info.

NateCrisman

Sorry for the flakey response guys, and it was kinda "jerk" of me to do it like that, but as John said, I had so many people waiting in line to buy it that I was just sending the good pics to the next guy in line as they passed. #5 in line ended up buying it, I delivered it on saturday afternoon. It ended up going to a long time GVR4/DSM guy: Philthy from NJDSM. He's owned quite a few GVR4s, but Im not sure how much time he spent posting on this forum. He's planning to fix it up and drive it for a while, as he's been out of DSM for a couple years....recently doing LS1 swaps into BMW M3's. He needed a winter beater he could play with I guess.

So...appologies to everyone who was in line behind Philthy! I tried to be fair and run this in a first come first served manner, and it just got way out of hand with people emailing, sending me TXT messages, and PM's on 5 or 6 different forums. If you didn't even get a response from me at all....that meant you were beyond #15 on the list and I figured it was for sure going to sell to one of the first few guys. Trust me, it was hard to resist the 2 or 3 guys that offered to pay the full price via paypal sight unseen in order to leap frog the people that had contacted me prior.
Gallery of pics of the car

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Glad to hear Phil got it, he always builds nice stuff. In any case, title has been fixed and thread locked.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts