The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Belize Green GVR-4 (476/1000) Mpls/St. Paul area, MN - $2250 - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

After 7 great years it is time to sell my GVR-4 and I'm giving galantvr4.org members the first crack. If it isn't sold by 10/7/2010, it will be going on craigslist. First, the vitals:

1992 Belize Green GVR-4 (476/1000)
VIN: JA3CX56U6NZ012073
~239,800 Miles
Moon Roof
Mostly stock
Runs well (Just took a 500 mile trip, 25 mpg with no problems)
Records back to November, 1995 (23K miles)
Transmission, transfer case & rear dif fluid changed every 30K
Timing belt changed at least every 60K
MN title in hand, clean and clear
$2250

email: trv2 at juno.com

The history:
TX/CO car (no salt) until 9/2000 (67,000 miles) when purchased by previous owner and brought to MN.
Ziebart rust protection 8/2001 (87,000 miles) including spraying inside doors and underbody coating.
Previous owner installed 2.5" turbo-back exhaust, Supra fuel pump, K&N filter, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer and removed boost control solenoid restrictor.
I purchased in August, 2003 (125,000 miles) and has been my daily driver with no further modifications since then.

Condition:
Very clean body; A little rust starting around center spoiler support, along edge of trunk lid & some rock chips on grill/hood.
Door ding/scratches on front & rear driver-side doors & rear qtr panel (see pics)
Clear coat pealing on spoiler & small baseball size spot on passenger rear qtr panel
Underbody very clean for a MN car
Tires @205K (plenty of good even tread left), timing belt @208K, Trans/xfer case/rear dif fluid @216K
Transmission shifts well except when stopped engine needs be to be idled down to prevent grinding into reverse & sometimes 1st.
Turbo spools well and car still pulls hard.
Engine burns around 2 quarts/3,000 miles (most noticeable when idling in traffic)
Cruise, 4WS, moonroof, power windows all work.
Leather in good shape; no tears or pulled seams except some wear on drivers side bolster (see pic)
A/C converted to R134A but currently not functioning.
No ABS (front wheel speed sensor went bad & I never thought much of the ABS on the VR-4 so I pulled the fuse)
Passenger side fog light is cracked (still works)
Needs new front struts
Exhaust manifold, downpipe, cat & muffler are all solid but there are some leaks in the piping.

If it looks like I missed something important, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

MellowVR4

all i gotta do is get rid of my car then i will be able to fly over their and drive it home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif that is if u still have it by then.

4orced4door

This looks like a great deal. If you were in FL I couldn't pass it up...

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully someone from the board will jump on it. I put it up on craigslist last night and I'll have a hard time letting it go to anything but a very good home, but anyone holding the right amount of cash can be pretty persuasive.

Just got back from the DMV to transfer the title. Sold to a local guy who's building a 96 Eclipse GSX and wanted a GVR-4 for a daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts