The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 #1895/2000 Coon Rapids, MN $1500 (**SOLD**)

On September 1st I was on my way to work. Crusing along at about 70mph, my timing belt for some yet unknown reason failed (it had only 53,000 mi. on it). I haven't the time nor the desire to fix it. So it is for sale. I've set the price to $1500.00, which is literally the cost of maintenance on this car per year. I've never dragged or autocrossed with it. It's been my daily driver for the last nearly 5 years. It is stock accept for the exhaust and 1993-style headlights.

Mileage on body: 197,000 mi.
Mileage on engine: 93,000 mi: complete long-block replaced in July 2006 when I encountered a previous timing belt failure. First engine replaced with a JDM block and head without the cyclone intake manifold. It's hard to prove in the picture, but in person I could show the prospective buyer the ID on the block verifying so.
This particular GVR4 does not have the sun-roof option.

Here's what I've replaced or rebuilt since buying it. All parts have fewer than 60,000 miles on it:

Transfer case
Emergency brake
Rear differential
Exhaust - flex pipe on back with Remus® muffler

All new CV joints, ball joints, axles, lower control arms, and power steering rack.
Complete fuel pump assembly shipped directly from Tokyo, Japan (Nippondenso OEM part)
Complete master, slave, resevoir, and clutch line; along with ACT pressure plate. Flywheel remains stock.
Rear brake lines (Goodridge® brand steel-braided for a 4 wheels included w/sale).
Power steering pump.
CAM angle sensor.
Throttle body rebuilt in 2009.
Complete repaint of stock belize-green in 2008 as part of insurance claim from hail damage. Front and rear bumpers; and side mirrors not painted.

Here's what's wrong with car but does not hinder driving it:

1. The all-wheel steering is disconnected because the line leading to the rear corroded and broke. I don't know what to do to fix it, but it's looped back to the front steering rack. The looping leaks power-steering fluid.

2. The Anti-lock Breaking System is unplugged. The mechanic I took it to try to reinstall the sensoer in the front brake discs but failed. When I would try to stop, the ABS was constently engaged and therefore stopping became difficult.

3. There is a tiny crack in the top of the radiator that sweats a small amount of coolant.

4. There are few spots of rust along top-side of where the windshield meets the roof.

5. There is a small exhaust leak where the installer of the exhaust welded it to the stock downpipe at the flex-pipe area; and it has rusted a bit.

6. The front bumper is a little rough on the underside; cracked and scrapped. It's about as bad as it was when I bought it.

7. The driver's side fog light is broke.

8. There's a slight crease in the rear-passenger quarter panel from when I backed into a garbage can.

9. There's one door ding on the driver-side driver's door.

10. The automatic antenna does not extend.

Price is firm. If I can't sell it for this price, I will make it my winter project to part it out. However, it is my goal to sell it as a whole.
You may also contact me: [email protected] or 952.237.9526

Last edited by a moderator:

Interested. Very interested. Much rust anywhere under the car or inside the engine bay?

No rust in the engine bay. There's a little rust on the underside where past owners have jacked the car up and down, changing tires, obviously scrapping off the undercoating. But as for the floorpans and elsewhere, no rust. The drive shaft has a little surface rust too. The inside lower door has some rust on it, but it's superficial. It's not all the through and can't be seen from the outside.

maroonmetallic

Darn noobs can't read the first post..

I'll help you out.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting bigbrothajake:
... Complete repaint of stock belize-green in 2008

That is correct (albeit minus the front and rear bumpers) so all exterior metal surfaces repainted.

Perkul8r

How come all the good deals are so far away. lol. I would love to pick this up but live about 6 hours away.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned