The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 - White - Harrisburg, PA - $4000 - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Finally time to sell my Galant (923/2000). It's been sitting around for a number of years, driven very rarely, and I finally had the time recently to start cleaning it up and fixing stuff to get it ready for sale. Let me start with the typical mod list:

Engine Components

95+ 8.5:1 CR Pistons with factory rings for same, balanced
Stock 1g 6 bolt rods, balanced
Stock 1g 6 bolt crankshaft, balanced and micropolished
Head resurfaced
Block resurfaced
Mains line-bored
ARP Rod bolts
ARP Head studs
ARP Main studs
Balance shafts removed
Updated HLAs, large bore, 97+
Crower Valvesprings, P/N 68190
HKS 264 Exhaust Camshaft, P/N 2202-RM004
Unorthodox Racing Ultra TR Adjustable Cam Sprockets, custom purple
Stock valves
Mitsubishi Multi-layer Metal Head gasket
90 Oil filter housing
2nd gen RX7 oil cooler with -10 AN lines
Road Race Engineering Stainless Steel turbocharger oil supply line
Custom shortened Modine radiator for intercooler pipe clearance
Replaced all coolant lines with silicone versions

Induction and Exhaust

Dejon Tool 3", Almost Chrome, P/N 2gQ
TD05H 20g with moderate clip, 7cm housing, all heavily ported
GM 3" Mass Air Sensor, P/N 2518-0303
24x8x3.75in Spearco intercooler (2-120 core), 2.5in in/out
1g Non-Turbo throttle body with lower half removed and sealed with epoxy (JB Weld), no ISC, no FIAV, no coolant lines
1g intake manifold, smoothed and ported
2g exhaust manifold, smoothed and ported to 7cm housing size, sealed with RRE stainless steel 7cm turbo gasket and 4 layer metal exhaust manifold gasket
Victory Performance stainless steel tubular 2.5in o2 housing with Tial 40mm wastegate and open dumptube
2.5" downpipe, 3" high flow cat, 3" catback with Magnaflow muffler

Fuel Delivery and Ignition

Supra Twin Turbo fuel pump, P/N 23221-46110
Supra Twin Turbo fuel filter, P/N 23300-49185
Charged Air Systems Adjustable Fuel pressure Regulator with 0-100psi Jegs fuel pressure gauge
680cc Delphi Fuel Injectors
NGK BR7ES spark plugs
NGK spark plug wires
Apex-i SAFC
Digital Tuning Pocketlogger
EPROM ECU with custom chip by Keydiver (Jeff Oberholtzer), 5000 stutterbox, 8500 rev limiter
MAF Translator v2.08

Drivetrain

1g TEL 92 transmission
Road Race Engineering Stainless Steel Clutch line
1g TEL clutch slave cylinder (3/4in)
1g TEL clutch master cylinder reservoir
1g TEL shift lever (3in shorter than stock)
Custom shifter assembly spacers that raise it up ~2.5 inches
3k/S 5spd leather knob
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, P/N DF536010
Stock Flywheel lightened by Road Race Engineering (14lbs)
Shimmed clutch release pivot
3 Bolt LSD Rear

Suspension

Stock 1g AWD springs/struts/shocks
Mofugas front strut tower bar, stainless steel (not currently installed)
Mofugas rear strut tower bar, stainless steel (not currently installed)
22mm front swaybar from Whiteline
27.5mm rear swaybar, custom fabricated by Quickor Suspension
3000GT SL front calipers (larger pistons than stock), iRotors cross drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors, Carbotech Panther brake pads
Brembo blank rear rotors, Porterfield R4S brake pads
ABS Removed and 1g TEL AWD proportioning valve installed
Lancer OZ Rally 5 spoke wheels, 15x6, with Kumho Solus HP4 195/60/15 tires

Miscellaneous

Greddy 60mm Boost Guage
Greddy 60mm EGT Gauge
Autometer 1 1/16in Oil Temperature Gauge
Sparco Lap Steering Wheel
Smart Racing Products Momo/Sparco quick release wheel hub, P/N 722100
Sparco Aluminum Brake pedal, mounted as far right and down as possible to make for easy heel-toe shifting (other two are stock)
OMP 4 point harness
Optimus red top battery relocated to rear with 2/0 welding cable
Prothane motor mount inserts, P/N 13-1902 (except driver's side which is not currently installed)
Stant 16psi Radiator cap, P/N 11233
And plenty more I am forgetting...

Mileage is a touch over 200k.

25s7dhj.jpg

What's not so good?

The body and paint are a bit rough. There are a few bits of rust here and there. I removed the wing a long time ago (still have it) because it had a spot of rust around one of the mounting studs and I put aluminum tape over the holes. Never really bothered me but I'm sure many people would consider it distasteful. Around the same time, I removed the stock badges (still have them as well as new style ones) and as was inevitable, some paint came up and some glue stayed behind. So, I'd say it could probably use another truck lid or at least a repaint. Also in the back, I had a minor incident with left rear that dented it in. Wasn't that big of a deal. The problem came when I allowed a friend to pound it out with a hammer under the assurance that he would fix it at a later date. That never happened and I never really got around to fixing it. It isn't very pretty. Lastly, I have removed the antenna and again covered the hole with aluminum tape (I like that stuff... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif). Hmmm, what else? Definitely needs tuned and since I've had the car for a long time, some of the earlier mods I did weren't the prettiest or best. An example would be the wiring of the gauges which was one of the first mods I did about 13 years ago. It's not very pretty and I just never got around to making it nice. The interior is missing a few panels and the carpet could use a good pressure washing. Oh yeah, important for PA buyers, it is not inspected as the car currently does not have a cat and I haven't bothered. But I do have some cat shields that could be put on the bullet muffler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif
UPDATE: Car is now inspected.

What's good?

I think it's a hell of a car for the money. It starts and runs great. Suspension is tight because I am anal about replacing worn components. I would trust the car completely to drive cross country at a moment's notice. Underside, while having some surface rust, isn't anywhere near as rusty as most PA cars because it originally came from CA. Lots of interesting custom stuff on the car. I have a habit of over engineering or going overboard on mods. Just look at all of the expensive spring-loaded stainless steel hose clamps in the engine bay. I have an absurd amount of money and hours into the car. Should be pretty quick when all sorted out (a couple major things got changed before I parked it and I never really properly tuned it). I've won rally and autox races with it (though not with the current suspension or wheels/tires). It could all be yours for the low low price of... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

$4000

With the car comes anything of your choosing that is in my garage and related to DSMs. A couple of the items that are listed above as "not installed" might get sold and I am gradually selling other stuff. I have tons of stuff that I haven't listed yet. The longer you wait, the less you get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, last note, you might not get the steering wheel. I really like the setup and unless the buyer is completely enamored with it, I'm going to put the stock one or a 1g one back on.

And here are some pics:

15wb5g6.jpg

165fu1.jpg

x3h3wi.jpg

7dsi.jpg

2zqwnk2.jpg

2w49v2u.jpg

1zchmdy.jpg

w20z29.jpg

2h5jtd0.jpg

2ijowgh.jpg

ick3t4.jpg

i5zo8y.jpg

fk89x3.jpg

258bg35.jpg

Feel free to PM me with feedback on the ad. If there is something that is sticking out that worries people, I can see about addressing it.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Last edited by a moderator:

citymunky

Is the car still for sale?

Yeah I wish I had infinite space and infinite money... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Don't worry, I'll always love you guys.

33u73on.jpg

citymunky

I'm working on funding, but I have a few more questions, who built the motor? How man miles on the drivetrain? Is there anything to watch the A/F under WOT? Do you still have the antanna? How much PSI does it build?

blacksheep

Quoting Minjin:
Yeah I wish I had infinite space and infinite money... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Don't worry, I'll always love you guys.

33u73on.jpg

Holy crap, where did that pic come from? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif We need a pic of Burke sleeping to finish it off... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting citymunky:
I'm working on funding, but I have a few more questions, who built the motor? How man miles on the drivetrain? Is there anything to watch the A/F under WOT? Do you still have the antanna? How much PSI does it build?

1. I did.
2. Engine has about 15k on it since being rebuilt.
3. Pocketlogger will be included unless it is sold off beforehand...
4. I still have the power antenna housing. It needs an insert. I'm not sure if I have the cable that goes from back of car to the radio.
5. What do you mean? It'll build as much as you want to run on a 20g.

Where are you located?

citymunky

I installed a twin turbo kit on my other car, out of the box the wastegates will open at about 5.5 PSI. With tuning and a boost controller I aws boosting until 13psi. So I guess my question is at what PSI will the wastegate open.

Also I'm in south VA

Well, I think the wastegate has a 1 bar spring in it but it doesn't really matter. With a boost controller it'll run as much boost as you could possibly want. If you wanted to run LESS boost than 1 bar, the Tial wastegate is right there in front and changing out springs couldn't possibly be any easier.

If you're asking how much boost I'm running right now, I'm at about 20 psi. It will handle much more.

citymunky

Ok, if I any more questions ill PM you.

citymunky

Does the A/C, heat and rear defrost work?

No A/C. I'm not sure if I mentioned that. I guess I might have figured that anyone looking at the pictures could tell.

Heat and defrost work fine.

citymunky

Ok, I figured I just ask, all the cars I ever own were RWD, and the compressor sat at the bottom righthand side of the engine. A/C is not important now anyway, but the heat is. If I do buy the car I will be using it as fun daily driver.

No problem. I wasn't trying to imply that you should have figured it out on your own. I just forgot since it has been gone for so long. Frankly, if I had to write the list above from memory, I would be screwed. Luckily I had my "mod list" written down before hand and somewhat recent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Speaking of which, there are a few changes:

-Crane Cams spark plug wires (found a cut)
+NGK spark plug wires
+New exhaust with 3in cat and magnaflow muffler
+Now INSPECTED

I sent you a Pm about the car.
I have cash in hand. but i need to know if you have a clear title.

citymunky

Do you still have the grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned