The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1886/2000 Belize Green Fort Collins, CO SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrajetguy

I have owned this car for about 6 years and have tons of personal time invested in building this car into the specimen it is today. This is a Colorado car with a rust free chassis and has just 104260 miles on the clock. I am selling this car because I have been successfully Rallycrossing my DSM the last couple of years and need money to get myself into stage rally and hill climb events. I would love to keep this car but I would really love a new rally car and this VR-4 is too nice to turn into a race car!

The exterior of this car is original paint and in great shape, the car has never been in an accident of any kind. There are some small rock chips on the front end and a couple door dings but the car looks great overall. The car has a color matching '92 grill and the trim around the doors, windshield, cowl, and wiper arms has all been re-done satin black. The windows have fresh 3M 15% tint and the windshield is new as well. The front bumper was cut out to improve air flow over the intercooler but the bars were left in to retain stock look and reinforced to prevent weeping.

The interior of this car is in near perfect condition and has some nice tasteful upgrades. The headliner has been re-done in charcoal suede that matches the factory door inserts. The clock has been removed and a PLX Widebad unit has been installed in it's place. The stock radio has been removed and replaced with an aftermarket CD player and factory EVO 9 gauges are located under the radio in the factory single din pod(boost, voltage, oil temp). The oil temp gauge does not have a sender wired up to it but all the gauges light up off the gauge illumination. The shift boot is real leather as well as the e-brake lever cover, and the shift knob is a black Ralliart unit. Also from the floor mat group buy are set of custom floor mats with the VR-4 logo up front and car number on the rear.

The engine is a stock 6 bolt bottom end and the head is freshly machined with big bore lifters, dual valve springs and Ti retainers, light porting, Crower 272 cams, and 1mm oversized valves. The head was installed with ARP head studs and a Cometic MLS head gasket. The water pump, thermostat, and all timing belt components are about 10k miles old, the timing belt is new and the balance belt is a new kevlar one. The shifter has been replaced with a DSM unit, aluminum base bushings, and brass cable bushings. The motor mounts have been replaced with Prothane units. The intake is an Apexi setup with a Dejon pipe and there is also a Cusco oil catch can installed.

The turbo kit on the car has about 5000 miles on it and consists of a FP ported EVO III ehxaust manifold, Buschur Racing 20G Turbo, 122 Performance 2.5" tubular O2 housing, and a HKS 40mm external wastegate dumped back into the O2 housing to keep things quiet. The turbine housing is wrapped in two layers of DEI turbo blankets and the OEM heat shields are modified and refinished to work with the turbo setup. The exhaust is a 2.5" turbo back with a twin tip and high flow cat. The intercooler system consists of an EVO 8 core and custom 2.5" pipes. A custom NOS halo intercooler sprayer setup is also installed on the car and everything including the intercooler is painted black. As for fueling the car has a Walboro 255hp fuel pump, ND 660cc injectors, charged air bolt on AFPR and 2G MAF. The ECU has a Keydiver stage 3 chip to compensate for the fueling mods and runs great, and the capacitors were replaced. The battery is also located in the trunk and is an Optima red top in a marine battery box.

The suspension consists of Koni struts with Eibach springs. The brakes feature SS lines, high temp fluid, good rotors and pads. The car will be sold with green '91 GVR-4 wheels.

I hate to write a novel but this is a very nice car with tons of hard work put into it. The only things pictured that I can think of that are not included with the car are the wheels, COP system and ignition amplifier, strut bars and camber plates. The upper intercooler pipe is also slightly different. I will try and get some better quality pictures up ASAP, it is usually dark when I get home so it may be the weekend before this happens. Let me know if you have any questions. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

cobrajetguy

Bump for a lower price

3rdstrikedsm

So what wheels come on the car? a/c work?

cobrajetguy

It will come with 1GB DSM wheels, as for the A/C it was removed but I was planning on putting it back in and charging it up for the future owner if that is something they would like.

Peter

cobrajetguy

The car is still for sale, if you are interested and the price is to high I may be able to pull a couple things off to lower the price.

Peter

rallyart911

interested if its still for sale also ???

PM me, neversumm9er@gmail
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cobrajetguy

The care is still for sale, I replied to the pm and sent more pics.

Peter

cobrajetguy

Sale Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts