The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:1991 Galant VR4 open class rally car $11,900 in Raleigh, NC

This car is 100%street legal and has a clear NC title.
1991 VR4 seam welded with a tight multi point cage built by Sky-Tek ... Fully RA and Nasa compliant
2800lbs rally ready
Fresh (3 races) 2.0L motor with 5 angle valve job, Weisco 9:1 pistons, balanced crank, Eagle rods, No balance shafts, Mitsubishi head gasket, High strength head studs etc...
Fully balanced and blueprinted with 3 rallies on her...
380hp @ 360tq @18psi on 100oct gas with NO restrictor
320hp and 350tq with 34mm restrictor
Evo 3 Turbo and Manifold
580CC injectors
Trans rebuilt 4 events ago by TRE with double syncros, steel shift forks and a KAAZ lsd
PE-LTD stand alone ECU
Full bearing mounted suspension with fabbed arms in the rear as the 4WS was removed.
3/16 6061 skid plate by TAD
Hotbits double adjustable suspension with camber plates
15 Gallon ATL fuel cell with Bosch pump with adjustable req
Brakes are new mitsu units in the front and rebult calipers in the rear with 3 event on them
Dual tilton masters with balance bar
New Momo Safari halo seats and OMP FIA 6 point belts with 4 years remaining.
Front mount intercooler
highflow spal fans
Sparco steering wheel
Brantz rally computer
Peltor intercom
Map light
spill kit
light pod with 4 hella 4000's
Aluminum radiator
Plumbed in fire system
FIA master switch
FIA window film
Life hammers
All safety gear inc first aid kit, spill kit, tow rope
jack etc...

The car comes with a large spares package that includes many control arms, front and rear subframes, rear diff, drive shafts, computers,trans, transfer case, belts, hoses, shocks, 4 techno mag wheels, 3 kosei wheels,6 Braid Acropolis wheels (4 used once and 2 brand new) 9 x almost new michelin med compound rally tires (all mounted and balanced), 4 x Evo tarmac wheels, radiator and fans, trailing arms, brake calipers, pads, Rotors etc... Also 6 Michelins with very little wear and 6 Hankooks with about 70% left on them...

Rally America log book.

The car has been prepped and is ready for the next event with new fluids.
This car has never had any real damage since building and as well as running great, it also looks great and has been fully power washed top and bottom since the last event.

$11,900.00 located in Raleigh, NC

Call Doug on 919 219 9470 or [email protected]

Located in Raleigh, NC

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Sweet, Not for me I have no room for any more toys but More pictures please.

OK, so a bit later than I originally said but here are the action pictures! This price is OBO. The roof vent and decals were added after.

IncorpoRatedX

thank you for the new desktop background pictures.

cobrajetguy

I need to sell one of my street Galants but if you still have this in a couple months I will have to pick this up.

Peter

VR4ownzU

I believe so? Larry from MI right? That car had a crazy rebuild on it.

If this is still for sale, I might be interested in buying this once I start my automotive apprenticeship working flat rate. Quick question, where can I get those white rally rims and the name cut-outs on the back windows?

rallyart911

Really neat open class gvr4, have had these pics on my sceen saver since this car was first posted...

im impressed that no-one has bought it yet....

if i had enough i would be all over it... im a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif shy in the banks to get that high for a galant

not trying to "post dump" or anything like that but how does a heavy car like the galant take landings like that without folding the fenders and what not? is there some sort of bump stops in place?

dmj

The car can take this form of abuse because is seam welded and has a full roll cage plus a very top of the line suspension built to take the abuse of ralling and the jumps associated with this type of motorsport.

What is the connection with derek whitis and freedom autosports? I roadrace with him in scca, he filmed my cobalt flipping at robeling road. Cobalt flip on you tube. Nice car.

a_santos

Awesome. The car was owned by Faisal, who is a friend of mine, and then he sold it to Larry, who is another friend of mine, who built it to the rally car it is. This car is super well built. Awesome price for whoever buys it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned