The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: My 1jzgte powered Montero/Raider (located in MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sr71sss

I just chk'd the eb ad and I was shocked to see no pic of the motor install, that the bread and butter for someone wanting to buy this thing sorry not bashing it but maybe you forgot to add them, I use to own one of these and was going to drop in the g54B turbo from a starion

+1 cool rig wish it was done in a 4 dr montero or Pajero as we flips like to call them back in the homeland /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hosmer

awesome

if my RX7 ever gets back up there (although it is running on 2 rotors now) and this doesn't sell (which would be insane) I really want to check it out

Soarer transmission?

skivittlerjimb

I've been lucky enough to get a ride in the Raider and it's 100% as advertised. Clean install, not overdone, completely sleeper. Quick, ballsy, and yes, badass. If only it had three more seat belts, Al. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ApexHunter

Quoting Bimmubishi:
The Supra/Soarer uses a digital input and the Raider uses morse code through a series of cup and string communications.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GLWS, wish i had the money and space, this would be a cool tow vehicle.

kartorium

Quoting ApexHunter:
Quoting Bimmubishi:
The Supra/Soarer uses a digital input and the Raider uses morse code through a series of cup and string communications.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GLWS, wish i had the money and space, this would be a cool tow vehicle.

Or if it had 4wd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I need a new tow rig for winter.

Bimmubishi

Still for sale! Price is negotiable.

Dodge Raider, 1988 1jzgte twin turbo motor

(Japanese Supra, Soarer 2.5 liter twin turbo inline 6)

1JZGTE twin turbo powered rear wheel drive Short Wheelbase Dodge Raider, also known as the Mitsubishi Montero Sport and Mitsubishi Pajero SWB worldwide, offered for sale through auction. This splendid sports machine was built in the 80s when we were on another Pro-USA manufacturing kick and US manufacturers relabeled Japanese cars for sale under their own brand.

This particular Raider has a little surprise under the hood. Instead of the 50 or so wheel-horsepower that it comes with from the factory she's packing about 5 times that amount through the magic of an engine swap. The swap has just over two reliable years of use on it.If you've ever owned a "swapped" car you will appreciate that any of your friends, your mom or whoever you want can get in this car and just drive it with no special instructions. Nothing quirky happens. You turn the key and it starts. There are usually quirks with engine swap cars of this extreme nature and this has none.

Specifically,the wipers work, the blinkers work, horn works, all lights work. The power steering even works. That was hard to adapt but I did it with high quality custom made Aeroquip matchmate hydraulic hoses (good for 5000 psi) with AN adapter fittings.

The car has no leaks. Not a drip.

The car passes inspection without calling in any favors. (at least in MA it does) it's OBD1 and passes safety. It's simple to work on and inexpensive to maintain. The truck can tow a car without a problem. It's a little shaky in the rain but it has a trailer brake and a ball hitch. I've towed 3500 lbs without a problem with it.

The Raider is fast. This you might expect. To give perspective it is faster than a stock STI or an Evolution X. Tests prove it might be slightly faster than a "stage 2" example as well. The Raider will put you into warp speed on the highway. Despite being shaped like a dishwasher it goes well over 120mph. The large diameter tires and powerful engine combined with a sports car gearbox give it tall gearing! You can drive the Raider year 'round. It doesn't care. It's not an expensive car so it's not a garage queen. This makes it more fun.

I've driven this car everyday for almost four years, about two with the swap in it. It has NEVER let me down. I built this car on a slim budget. It was one of my best projects for that reason. It met a short build time and a short budget. It's not a show car. It's got nothing fancy and most of the parts are replaceable. For example the intercooler and hoses are all from a Mitsubishi Evo VIII making them easy to get it also avoids custom fabricating stuff. The radiator is from a circle track company, large capacity and all aluminum.

The bad stuff-

It's an oldy with lots of wind noise at extreme speeds. It has squeaks but not many. It has a replacement driver's side rearview because I went through 3 factory mirrors with no success. They all folded into the car on their pivots at high speed. I don't think Mitsubishi counted on 100mph cruising speed. The wind blew the mirrors in and one time broke the glass on acceleration.

I removed the bumpers. Why? I am a badass and I wanted a replica of Mitsubishi's winning Paris-Algiers (now Dakar) entry. (see photos)

The Odometer doesn't work after the swap. There was no way to make that happen. The speedo doesn't work either. The Supra/Soarer uses a digital input and the Raider uses morse code through a series of cup and string communications.

The headlights are Ebay and a little hoopty but they work better than the originals. They are common and Hella offers a replacement.

That's really it.

Other parts to support the 1jzgte include 3" stainless downpipe, Walbro inline fuel pump (replaced this year) SARD fuel pressure regulator with gauge, Custom driveshaft from driveshaft shop
,custom 2.5 inch downpipe-back exhaust with Evo VIII muffler,Apexi AFC, Porsche 930 super rare!
boost gauge with a red dial.

Interior changes include:

Bride recline able seats
VDO oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge (52mm dial for both)
Broadway rearview Mirror
JVC CD/MP3 player with 4 Boston Acoustics speakers.

Maintenance:

Has been done all the time to ensure reliability. In the last year I have replaced
Front brake pads
Rear brake shoes
all rubber brake lines
Front swaybar bushings
Rear leaf spring bushings
Lubed all ball joints every oil change
New Tires on all 4 wheels 8 months ago (no burnouts since!! I Promise) Kuhmo Road Venture A/T
Motul Synthetic fluid in the transmission and rear differential
Motul 600 brake fluid flush within the last 6 months

Spares:

I have a few spares like O2 sensor, PS pump, another set of drum brake shoes, some exhaust parts too that will be sold with the car.

The car is ready to be driven anywhere. It can be seen in Norwood MA It has a clean title.

Why am I selling my truck?

I want to get a Land Cruiser. I bought a small car that I can drive to work recently. Now I can get a bigger gas guzzler that tows better I don't need a small truck that can do both. The Raider is also running so well right now. I don't want to wait until things aren't fresh and nice to sell it and get less money for it.

Why did I build this car?

I wanted a reliable, MANUAL, truck that I could tow my car to nearby races with. I wanted it to be fun because I planned to drive it every day. I was originally going to build a diesel but the power that this engine offered was far greater than any reasonable small displacement diesel motor at the same price. Replacement 1jz motors can be bought for $1000 bucks. How can you go wrong? I was inspired by Emirates sand drag racing and 1/4 mile uphill races in UAE, inspired by shops in Dubai like Future Workshop.

Can you guys build me one? Yes we would love to build these for customers. It will cost about $15,000 to do though. You can call or email us for an estimate.

Will you ship this car? Yes, absolutely. I've bought and sold cars before to locations around the country. I'm not a dealer but I've done it a few times. It's easy and usually costs about 600 coast-to-coast. I will expect prompt payment if we are shipping it still.

Is there a warranty? NO. The warranty on this truck expired in 1989.

If anyone has questions about the Raider pertaining to the sale my email is [email protected]

I will accept payment in person via Cash money or through a bank transfer to my checking account which is Bank of America. I am not a deposed African prince despite the image the Raider might suggest.

addition:

Here's a video of the Raider in the snow. It gives a good engine sound demonstration.

click

blacksheep

"I removed the bumpers. Why? I am a badass...."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Bimmubishi

Hey guys, the price is dropped from the first run.. it's on ebay again. Thanks John for giving me the heads-up on the ad format.

Things are good. Just truckin a long. Going to Rally NY next week. Hopefully we'll see some folks there. We're running the Lassa Rally Team car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned