The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Eclipse GSX auto $975 - New Jersey. SOLD

NateCrisman

Sold - I currently have a deposit for the car and scheduled pickup.

I'v got a 1992 Eclipse GSX turbo/awd with automatic trans, the car is complete. I bought it sight unseen/not running (hasn't been driven in quite a few years. Inspection sticker is from 2001!) I was planning to either fix it and sell whole or part it out, but I'v got a few other parts cars and my yellow racecar project to occupy my time and space that are of higher importance or more profitable. So, I'v decided to just sell this one whole as-is and unload it.

It's got 106k miles on it, good NJ title. Im asking $975 for the car as is. 6 bolt engine, 4 bolt rear, single piston front brakes.

Body is pretty decent, especially for a 1g. All the damaged areas are shown in the pics (hood scratches, rear bumper cover bracket is pushed in a bit, window rubber moldings are peeling, a scuff behind the drivers door, some paint damage behind the front lisc plate holder.) I haven't seen any crash repair or repaint anywhere on it. It has 16" unknown brand aftermarket wheels that look like they were originally polished. The passenger side door molding is in the hatch, it just needs to be double side tape'd on.

Interior is complete, original, and in good condition. Grey cloth seats, nice carpet. Pics show center console apart...I was in there checking out ECU caps before trying to get it running. The original ECU works and runs the car. It needs a good dusting since it's been sitting for so long.

The car is 100% stock other than it has a 14b turbo and 1g manual trans exh manifold/o2 housing. I suspect the original 13G blew up as some point and this was a direct swap and easy fix vs buying a new 13g turbo. The car still has stock exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, suspension. Nothing has been molested or screwed with.

Bad part: the engine has at least a blown HG. I was able to get it running (barely due to old fuel) and it is only hitting on 2 cyl. #1 and #2 compression test in the 140's, #3 and #4 have zero compression and are pushing between each other.....you can feel the pressure coming out of the adjacent spark plug hole during compression test. HG is likely blown out between #3 and #4.While the engine was running, it has alot of lifter tick (expected for a car that sat for years)...but there was a "clack" sound when you would first open the throttle. could be a jammed up lifter, could be a rod bearing, could be a balance shaft bearing or a number of other things. It went into drive and reverse and moved under it's own power, so I assume the trans is good.

If I were going to rebuild the car myself, I would pull the entire engine/trans together, break the engine down, and inspect everything and determine what needs to be replaced. Or just swap for a known good engine and put it back together. It also should have the fuel system gone over: drain tank, check the fuel pump sock filter, change the main fuel filter, check the injectors or swap for a known good set (seeing how 390's are damn near free).

888885261_Lee8Q-L.jpg

888884995_arJoF-L.jpg

888884708_zNqbN-L.jpg

888886362_CqvNK-L.jpg

888885599_r6DWQ-L.jpg

888885993_ehNoC-L.jpg

888886623_koG3p-L.jpg

888888335_bv3ct-L.jpg

888888069_MSCLJ-L.jpg

836859098_G4j42-L.jpg

Engine bay (old battery is gone)
836859387_G2Uex-L.jpg

DETAIL PICS:

Hood Scratches:
888887017_9nxRT-L.jpg

888887232_2sqVL-L.jpg

Front bumper scuffs from lisc plate holder:
888886801_XcHVd-L.jpg

Old bubbly window tint on rear 1/4 and hatch glass
888887847_qTkfB-L.jpg

Rear bumper on drivers side is pushed in about an inch...likly just the metal bracket is bent behind the urathane cover...might be able to fix with any major pita
888887684_qkCZq-L.jpg

scuff behind drivers door..looks like clearcoat is all scratched up...maybe could be polished out?
888887483_scxyJ-L.jpg

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

Damn I need this car! How is the underbody rust? If it is free of major rust I may be very tempted.\

I have been looking for an auto for the wife to drive it just sucks you are so far away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NateCrisman

I haven't had the car on the lift to inspect for rust, but I remember noting that it looked pretty clean around the rear diff/suspension when I was strapping the car onto the trailer when I bought it. More than anything though, I was staring at the stock muffler and thinking "holy crap, I haven't seen one of those in like half a decade" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

Do you have any plans to lift it up and take a pic or 2? I will look in to shipping costs as well, I have a truck and access to a dolly but 10mpg towing may prove to be quite costly.

NateCrisman

I'll see if I can just toss a jack under it and get some underside pics. My yellow 1g racecar is currently on the lift and being rebuilt from scratch, and that's going to be another 3-4 week project. The whole reason Im going to sell this car whole instead of part it out is that I''m to busy with time, have another partout car ready to bring home, and only have one lift and garage bay to work with. If I were to go to the trouble of shuffling cars around and dragging this blue 1g onto the lift in order to take pictures....I might as well part it out and turn a profit instead of selling it whole for less.

Last edited:

Nate

That thing looks like a sleeper project car just waiting to happen. Wish I needed another car, I'd jump on this thing in a heartbeat.

I really wanna buy this car but don't feel like paying what the car cost me in shipping lol.

NateCrisman

Im getting zero interest in this car so far, so I may end up replacing the engine and selling it running

NateCrisman

[email protected] Make me an offer. I'v also got mode of delivery (truck and trailer) that could be worked into the deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts