The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:91 GVR4 680/2000 SoCal SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief_Mak

Just realized that with a second kid on the way, I cannot have two project cars in my garage, I need to sell one to get a bigger vehicle. This is my project that I have beeen working on for the last five years and it's the only car that I've owned for more than two years. Mileage is 205K miles with a clean title. I got it from Ermer in San Diego in 2005.

The good:
-Engine was rebuilt right around 185K miles, I bought the car with 192K miles. I've only driven it 13K miles in the last five years. Never had much time to use it with two other cars, the new family, the full time civilian job, the Navy reserve and it's deployments...you get the picture.
-New clutch, competion clutch stage 2 six puck disk with an exedy pressure plate. Still breaking in, boost dropped to 10 psi till break in is done
-New paint job, not the best but presentable. Shaved the winshield squirters, spoiler mounting holes and antenna hole. Completely debadged.
-Whiteline springs on KYB struts, AGX up front and GR2's in the back.
-Newly reupholstered seats. (will be installed next week, black tweed with red stitching)
-EVO III Steering wheel
-Comes with socketed ECU with a DSM chip specifically for the current set up and an SAFC2 for fine tuning with a Palm pilot M100 for datalogging. The DSM chip is set for NLTS (no lift to shift system) and 4500rpm hold launch control. The clutch switch is not wired to the ECU, for the launch control and NLTS at the moment.
-Boost and EGT gauges. Digital tachmeter with integrated shift light (the small one, not the one the blocks half your windshield). All are pro-sports from a group buy a few years ago.
-HKS turbo timer
-EVO II turbo (yes it's from a II and it's not a typo), zero shaft play and no oil burn.
-Custom 3" downpipe and exhaust system with a magnaflow muffler. It is not for those who do not want attention.
-Custom intercooler piping with a genuine Greddy Type S BOV.
-190lph walbro fuel pump with 550cc RC injectors.
-JDM grill (4wd badge)
-new alternator

The Bad:
-All smog equipment removed, I have all the parts, I just do not feel like putting them back in.
-Cruise control deleted, accelerator cable replaced with non-cruise cable.
-Idle is high and erratic when the engine is cold, it's fine once it warms up (coolant sensor??IACV??)
-One of the PO's decided to take a hole saw into the dashboard to install a gauge, there's a "rice o meter" narrow band o2 sensor there now just it does not look bad.
-the 2 gauge gvr4 specific a pillar pod is warped, my brother decided to put his MR2 in the garage and left 680 out in the sun for 7 months when I was last deployed.
-The intercooler is so big it's sitting a little crooked, I need to modify the hot side of the intercooler pipe to correct this. Purely cosmetic, but I want it to look as good as possible.
-"JDM hood prop", I know it looks silly,just wanted to see if it can decrease intake temps but I haven't datalogged yet to get a comparison. I can just take the spacers out if the new owner does not want it.

I'm sure there's more good stuff that I do not remember right now, I'll update the post when I do along with better pictures. Price dropped again to $4200 from $4700 originally.I'm not in a big rush to sell, all reasonable offers will be considered.Car is located in Ventura County (oxnard) right now, but I it drive to San Diego every so often.Please email me [email protected] or call 805-264-9005 for any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ummmm..... interesting i know where you took the pictures but I've never seen you in town and I drive by there everyday...good luck with the sale.

Chief_Mak

That's because 680 is always in the garage. And when I do drive her, it's only to Point Mugu when I report to my squadron or my civilian job in the
mountains at Ventura by the 33. The only time she goes out other than those is to go to San Diego. I've seen you a couple of times, once at five points and another time at wooley road. It's nice to have another GVR4 owner close by. We should have a "mini-meet" for photo ops.

Chief_Mak

A couple of people did that saw it on craigslist, but they were major lowballers! One of the members from here will be stopping by this weekend and two other guys wants to see it Sunday if I still have it then.

Dang this is a nice car, if its still for sale in november I would love to buy it from you. That's when I get back from basic and AIT training. And that's if it would make it to new mexico too. If not, anyone who buys it is a lucky man. Good luck

Bump for a fellow san diegan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Car looks great. Wish I could take a few of your nice parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief_Mak

Thanks guys! I maybe considering parting out this car if it does not sell by the end of June. Then again, I don't think I can do that to a perfectly drivable rust free CA GVR4.

Im halfway there if i get all the money together before you sell it shes staying in oxnard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Chief_Mak

Joel, if you do buy the car, maybe you can go to the track (Willow Springs or Buttonwillow) with me. I still haven't taken 680 to the track.

Chief_Mak

Ryan, I would love to trade you, it would be easier to sell that here ( I would probably make more money too), but it would be worth a lot more if the car has a BAR label and all the emission stuff was intact, taking an out of state car without those are too much of a risk. The CA DMV might not even allow me to register your car here. I always had to put 680 to damn near stock every two years for smog checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts