The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 GVR4 Traverse City, Michigan $4500

DSMTurbo2

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Limited Edition number: 1189/2000
Belize Green / Black Leather Interior
5-Speed Manual, Non Sunroof
157k Miles and driving
Has Original Key, Original Dash Plaque, Original Key FOB! Title is free and clear and in hand

Drivetrain and Suspension:
 4-Bolt Limited Slip Rear Differential (stronger, LSD)
 4 Wheel steering properly removed
 ABS Properly and Completely Removed
 5 Lug Wheel Conversion (5x114.3)
 GoodRidge Smoked Look, Stainless Steel Brake Lines on all corners
 Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
 Fidanza 8lb Lightweight Flywheel
 ACT 2600lb Clutch with Street Disc (Will be putting in (next week)
 Energy Suspension Urethane Bushing Front and Rear Engine Mounts
 Energy Suspension Urethane Bushing Control Arm Kit
 Solid Brass Shifter Bushings
 Stainless Braided Clutch Line
 Eibach Pro-Kit Front Sprigs (have rears off car)
 16” Motegi Wheels
 225/50 R16 Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires
 Front Strut Tower Brace/Bar
 TEL Shorter Shifter with Leather Shift Boot

Engine / Management and Fuel:
 6 Bolt bottom end REBUILT with less than 5000 miles on it.
 .020 over
 ACL Bearings Everywhere, All Mitsubishi OEM Gaskets
 ARP Head Studs
 ARP Main Studs
 ARP Rod Bolts
 2g Pistons with 8.5:1 Compression Ratio
 Mobil 1 full synthetic (changed 5 times already on this rebuild)
 Big 16G-Td05 Turbo (great shape, no abnormal shaft play)
 Custom Intake Mounted Behind Headlight
 12” K&N Open Element Filter
 Evo III Exhaust Manifold (ported/Polished)
 Evo III o2 Housing (ported/Polished)
 3” Bushur Racing Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel Full Exhaust
 Indy Race Core xXxXx Front Mounted Intercooler with 2.5” Inlet/Outlet Piping.
 RC 550cc/min Fuel Injectors
 NGK Blue spark Plug Wires (less than 500 miles)
 NGK BPR7ES Spark Plugs
 Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
 Dejon Tools Dual Stage Manual Boost controller.
 MegaSquirt MS2 Version 3 Full Fuel and Spark Control Stand Alone ECU, with complete custom harness (no cut and splice garbage)
 Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband Oxygen Sensor with Display and Integrated EGT and Boost Pressure Sensors.
 Air conditioning Deleted
 Cruise Control Properly Deleted ( Includes non-cruise throttle cable)

Other:
 Factory Mitsubishi / Thule Roof Rack (very rare item)
 Battery Located To Trunk With Proper Fusing and 0 AWG Speaker Power Wires and Fully Enclosed Summit Racing Battery Box With Vent.
 Grex Shift knob
 Black/Red Grant Steering Wheel
 Viper / Directed 5600 2-Way Alarm (warns of alarm triggering on your remote)
 JVC MP3 Stereo Deck
 Amplifier for stock stereo
 Can include (4) 1gb Talon Wheels with mounted 195/55 R16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 Snow Tires
 Have working sunroof assembly I can include as well as many extras.

Does have typical hood rust on leading edge and a spot on the A-Piller. It has a stupid Grant steering wheel as well.. Sorry. Body has is original paint and aside from the aforementioned, is in great shape! There are normal dings and rock chips, also a few areas on the bumpers where you can see it was swiped in parking lots (don't notice until you are within 10 feet). Interior is in great shape, the vinyl is separating around the radio a bit, and below the dash plaque has a bit of cracking. Carpet is a bit dirty, but not terrible, no crazy stains or rips/tears. The plastic hinge on the door between the rear seat and the trunk is broken but still there. The trunk is bare, I am contemplating cleaning it up and maybe adding some textured paint (similar to a rhino lining). All glass is original except for the recently replaced front windshield. Does have some drive train noise... Nothing abnormal for a galant, just needs the drive shaft rebuilt with new carrier bearings. the exhaust flex section is starting to leak a bit, and it does drip a bit of oil. I believe the leak is around the turbo return line (go figure). Trying to be open and honest and describe all the problems, if there is anything I missed I will try to keep this updated.

I am selling my pride and joy for the last 4 years because it sounds like I am getting a real job that is going to require me to travel. This has been my dd and college car, and has really been great to me. I planned to keep it forever but I wont have anywhere to keep it. I would like to see this go to someone who is familiar with these cars and really shares the pride, I have been involved in DSM's for over a decade and truely cherrish the VR4s.

Best way to get ahold of me right now is by PM or email ([email protected]) I will be quite busy for the next week or so, so please be patient. I am not at all interested in entertaining low ball offers or dealing with tire kickers, don't waste my time and I will not waste yours.

thank you.
Erik

More Photo's to come!

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8501.jpg

IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8527.jpg

This is the rust dust in the trunk. It isn't even surface rust... it really is rust dust???
IMG_8532.jpg

Last edited:

WTT for GVR4
Price Range: Up to $7,000
Range: Any
[email protected], or PM, or call 417-860-9142
Details:
Made the mistake of selling off #327/2000 4 years ago and I madly miss it. I need another. My car is activly for sale, but would always consider a trade. Not looking for a turd unit, but rather a pretty clean one. Nothing ragged out. Mildly to highly modded. Could always take some cash back if you only have a GVR4 worth $4000, yet its the right one. Prefer Black or White. If your trade has any mechanical issues, or a rough interior.... forget about it. Leaks fluids or smokes.... forget it. I know they are going on 20 years old but I am looking for one that has been very well maintained and can be driven anywhere on a 100 degree day with icy a/c. My car is immaculate and has been babied. SUPER clean inside and out!!

1999 Infiniti Q45
Black on Black
20" Chrome Rims
Immaculate Condition Inside and out
Exterior 9/10
Interior 9.5/10
Drivetrain 9.5/10
Rims 8/10
Tires 9/10

DSMTurbo2

Hello Zach, quite the ride but not quite my taste. I don't think you should have much trouble getting rid of that Infinity. PS I have removed my A/C... I live in Michigan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks
Erik

centurion882

Erik, tring to contact you about your car, call me at 989 370 5624 thanks dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DSMTurbo2

I have a diverse list. I think I an fairly set on awd, quick (not fast), has a good deal of space. I am probably picking up an A4 Avant with quattro and the 2.8 with a 5spd.

bmod530

^^^^^^^ Sounds like you should keep your VR4!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif A4's are always nice, I had my brothers 97 A4 quattro for a month up in BR and loved it. Def. extra space in the wagon though. GLWS

DSMTurbo2

Believe me, it is very hard for me to get rid of this car. I want something i can have a little fun with. I don't like to beat on the galant, too much time in it. I want a car that is just a car that I can have a bit of fun with.

The car is back up for sale.

I had 2 or 3 emails on my Outlook right before it crashed. If someone on here has emailed me recently and not gotten a response, I apologize but could you please email me again.

Thanks

Erik

centurion882

Erik, is car still for sale?????????? Call me I am still intrested 989 370 5624 Thanks dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

centurion882

Erik, have been trying to contact you, would like to look at your car, call me 989-370-5624 Thanks Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

centurion882

Yes, I was in TC, call me I want to look at car 989- 370-5624 Thanks DAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

centurion882

Erik, leave your phone and I will call you, I still would like to look at car!!! Thanks DAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

centurion882

Eryou ik, this is the last tme I will try to contact you, I have sent you many e-mail and you failed to call me, if i do not hear from you in 48 hours, I will buy smething else!!!!!!!!!!! 989- 370-5624 DAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts