The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD 96k $3900 N Central FL SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

4orced4door

For sale:

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
96k miles
Second owner
Always garaged
Always changed with Mobil 1 10w30 every 3k
Factory 6 bolt engine and 4 bolt LSD rear
Florida car
No rust (just a tiny bit of surface rust here and there under the car)
No accidents or body work
No sunroof
Engine 100% stock
30k or so on the timing belt
Runs strong
Cold R134a AC
Original paint in great overall shape – a few minor nicks, scratches and touch ups
Clear title
Original owner anal retentive – I have notebooks full of gas mileage logs, I know the car was religiously idled after every drive, huge folder full of records including window sticker, tons of random paperwork

My brother bought this car new in 1991 (I was six years old). I have been riding in this car since kindergarten and it is single handedly responsible for me being into DSMs and VR4s (not sure if that’s good or bad…). I bought it from him around three years ago. It has been in storage for about two and a half years. There wasn’t a whole lot wrong with it, but I originally had big plans for it and started so many different projects at once that it took me a long time to get it back together. Since I took it off the road, I have bought a house, got married, had a kid, and started college, so the car basically just went on the back burner. Now that it is back on the road, I am selling it because we are trying to consolidate our cars. Right now we have three cars and are looking to drop down to a single (turbo awd?) four door, so the Laser has to go.

It has some minor issues as you would expect from a 19 year old car. This is everything I can think of, many of them are truly minor and could be fixed in an easy weekend. I’m just trying to be thorough. Also, ignore the piece of the dash missing in the interior pictures, I have it and will install it before I sell the car.

Clutch engagement too low – doesn’t come all the way up, and engagement is on the floor. Has to be either the fork or pivot pin, an easy afternoon project. Clutch pedal assembly already rebuilt which is the hard part. - fixed - pedal just needed adjusting
From the b-pillars back is gutted (I know – I still have the back seats though)
No radio or speakers
A few minor oil leaks around the timing side
Could use new ball joints – they don’t look great
Passenger window goes up very slowly
A couple minor dents – PDR-able
Needs window tint removed or replaced – may get this covered under “lifetime warranty”
Dash material starting to peel up in a couple spots (typical)
Knocking under boost, but I haven’t tried to fix this yet. Hopefully I’ll clear this up soon. fixed - zero knock at 11psi now, haven't turned it up yet

$3,900

Mod list:

Intake:

#482 3G MAS
8” K&N and adapter
DSG intake
Extrude Honed Intake Manifold
Punishment Racing FMIC (new)
OEM crushed BOV (tested to hold 18psi)
Lower Shores performance MBC (new)

Exhaust:
2.5” aluminum turboback w/Dynomax muffler and dual tips (sounds great)
2G exhaust manifold (egt tapped but plugged)
Small 16g (ported and clipped I think)
New upper and lower heat shields
New stainless exhaust manifold studs and copper nuts from ssstuds.com

Engine/drivetrain:
RC 550s
3000GT fuel pump
B&M CommandFlo fuel pressure regulator
ACT 2600
Clutch pedal assy rebuilt (new)
Fresh outer cv boot on passenger front axle
RadiatorBarn.com metal Radiator (new)
Slim AC Fan (new)
VR4 valve cover
Stock trans from another 1G
Many fresh gaskets, hoses, and belts
Newer water pump
Cruise control eliminated
EGR/FIAV blocked off
New 180 degree t-stat
Fresh NGK BPR7ES plugs

Suspension:
KYB AGXs
Megan Racing lowering springs (2” drop)
’93 front brakes
Stainless brake lines

Electronics:
EEPROM ECU w/ stage 3 Keydiver chip (3G MAS/550 compensation, stutterbox, NLTS, etc)
Small battery and custom aluminum bracket (new)
Palm M105 datalogger and cable
AEM Uego Wideband o2 (new)
Marshall mechanical boost gauge (new)

Exterior:
Evo 8 17x8 wheels with 235/45-R17 Kumho Ecsta ASX

Interior:
Cold R134a AC
Evo shift knob
Gauges mounted in center AC vent

small-IMG_0744.jpg

small-IMG_0746.jpg

small-IMG_0748.jpg

small-IMG_0751.jpg

small-IMG_0752.jpg

small-IMG_0754.jpg

small-IMG_0754.jpg

small-IMG_0759.jpg

small-IMG_0761.jpg

small-IMG_0768.jpg

small-IMG_0769.jpg

small-IMG_0771.jpg

small-IMG_0772.jpg

small-IMG_0774.jpg

small-IMG_0775.jpg

small-IMG_0776.jpg

small-IMG_0777.jpg

small-IMG_0780.jpg

small-IMG_0781.jpg

small-IMG_0782.jpg

small-IMG_0783.jpg

small-IMG_0784.jpg

small-IMG_0788.jpg

small-IMG_0790.jpg

small-IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_2114Medium.jpg

Last edited:

blacksheep

small-IMG_0775.jpg

Aah, typical DSM. Have to carry oil around, just in case! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I keed, I keed. This is how all FS ads should be - great pics, full list of mods, well laid out!

GLWS!

Saw this car in person & can tell you it's really as nice as the pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

381gvr4

Maybe I missed something skimming the text but seems like a bargain!!! G/L

this car is VERY tempting!!! if I can't work out a deal on one of these vr4s I'm looking at I might have to take this car off your hands. have you ever run this car at the track? I'm thinking this is an easy 12 sec car with this set up. makes me miss my ole talon.

4orced4door

With the old setup and my brother driving, it ran a 13.0. Not to bench race, but I think with an S-AFC and the boost turned up high 12s would definitely be reasonable.

mmmmm!!! how well is the car tuned now? i'm thinking a good tune and I could probably get a low 12 =D lol I squeezed a 13.0 outta my old talon on a "stock" talon with a 14b pushing 23 psi haha

Good luck Paul. That is a wonderful deal I would have picked his up in a heartbeat a couple of months ago.

G

Staff member
Looks clean! I wonder how a talon front bumper would look on it?

4orced4door

My original plan was to have a Talon bumper paint matched and put on the front. I think it would look hot and provide better airflow. But I can't do everything...

Aww man I love the Laser bumper on there. If I was to own a DSM it would be one of these Lasers. Did this one stock come with the gold wheels that look similar to the 91 wagon wheels on a gvr4?

4orced4door

The gold package started in '93. This came with the skinny 16" mesh wheels, like these:

click

I think the Evo wheels are a little bit better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

HOLY gorgeous DSM Batman. I wish there were places to park cars without spending tons of $$$ here NYC. I would find a way to buy this thing if that wasn't the case, red's not even my color but this is a clean Lasor!

G

Staff member
That's a good price.

4orced4door

I fixed some of the biggest issues with the car today:

Clutch pedal fixed, it just needed to be adjusted.

Knock fixed - I was using narrowband emulation out of the AEM UEGO wb02, I installed a new Bosch narrowband o2 and wired it back into the ECU and no more knock. The wideband is just being used for monitoring now.

The datalogger is working now too. There was a pin bent over the in the diagnostic port.

I am also throwing in a transmission that is good for a core, matching transfer case, and some mitsu special tools for timing belt job, as well as anything mitsu related that have I laying around (shop manuals, etc).

Last edited:

Guys supposed to be looking at my mustang early this week. I'll keep you posted.

4orced4door

Turned the boost up to 15psi, still no knock. I tried higher but it got a bit too lean without an S-AFC, so I'm going to leave it at 15-16psi.

4orced4door

I'm now throwing in an S-AFC II black screen if I get my asking price...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts