The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1833 of 2000 Galant VR-4 Indianapolis - First $4k takes it.

Matt W

Tax Checks, put them to good use It is time to do this. I don't have the time to enjoy the car with everything going on.

Up for sale is my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. You can see pictures below. It was previously owned by Jon Roberts (former owner of the board). I bought the car and have not driven it as much as I should have. I drove it a few times in the snow this year (the car was incredible in the snow with the 4 bolt with LSD, and the Yokohoma Ice grips) and the rest of the years it has never seen snow or ice. The car doesn't have any real rust on the underneath of it.

This is one of the cleanest Galants I have seen. The interior I would rate right now is an 8.5 and could easily be a 9 if someone would just clean it up and work on the leather.

The exterior is probably an 8.5, and just has a few spots it needs touched up on.

The car currently has a engine that was rebuilt with stock 2G pistons, and an old 14B turbo with no coolant lines going into it. It used to have an old L2 turbo on it, but I pulled that off as it needs to be rebuilt (hence the lack of the coolant lines going into it).

Mods are as follows:

3" inch Buschur exhaust with no cat and also has a 3" resonator
welded in
2G Mas
Keydiver Chip
FIC 750cc injectors
K&N
2G Manifold, ported
14B turbo that works, but needs to be replaced
engine with blown headgasket
timing belt is in the great shape
upgraded 93 headlights (brightest out there)
ported 02 housing
Spearco/Griffin top/bottom flow IC
RRE pipes
Custom made Water Injection System
Tre Rebuilt Transmission that shifts GREAT (rebuilt by Tre with
under ~10k miles on rebuilt)
4 bolt read end w/ LSD
4WS delete
MP3 CD player installed available for Sat radio
Front strut bar
rear strut bar
Zeitronix Wideband with Digital Boost Display, AFR, and Lambda
battery relocated
15" stock wheels sandblasted silver
15" ice grip yokohoma snow tires
15" Yokohama AVS tires
17" Rota wheels with Kumho tires in front and Yokohama in rear
Talon Steering Wheel
Walboro Fuel pump
KYB AGX shocks
H&R springs with 1 Cut
adjustable camble bolts
1 degree caster adjustment
Rear 27MM sway bar
leather shift boot
AC removed
PS removed.
ACT 2600LB clutch
lightened flywheel
SS brake lines
90 DSM oil cooler
Modine all metal radiator
Stock BOV crushed
Dejon Stop leak BOV mod
Hallman Boost Controller
SX Fuel pressure regulator with Gauge
balance shafts removed.

I think that is it. I probably have forgotten a few things.
If you are looking for a great daily driver just throw a head gasket on it and you're good to go. If you want to run low 12's or high 11's the car is ready to go with a turbo upgrade.

Includes a spare shortblock with head/cams (needs work, the head does)

I also have an old L2 turbo that needs to be rebuilt, plus a set of 17" Rota Rims with Kumho and Yokohoma Tires on it (front and rear). I can include these. I'm asking 7,000 for the car WITH spare short block, turbo, and

17" wheels and the Yokohama tires with the snow tires on it. The price may seem high but once you see the pictures and a short block is included and have a look at the car you'll see the value.

If you're looking for a clean Galant to mod, drive, race, or enjoy you'll be hard pressed to find a different car.
I will entertain reasonable offers I'm not in any desperate need or hurry to sell it since it is just sitting safely in my garage.

Lastly, if you have a Evo for sale I'll consider a trade. Of course I'll add cash on my end because I would not expect a straight up trade, but won't argue with you if you want to ;-)

Pics are here: Car has silver wheels now (look great) and needs washed, that is really the only difference in looks. Oh, and it does not have Momo wheel and the K&N is behind the headlight now instead of right off the turbo.

click

Price for all: $6,000 (includes extra good short block, turbo wheels, etc.)

-Matt

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

i think, if i'm readin it correctly, for $7000 you get a spare motor.

Matt W

Yeah. And the engine in it needs a head gasket. So once that is replaced 2 working motors.

-Matt

Matt W

Update: The car is now running with a brand new head gasket and ported head installed. I also had Fathouse (a famous Evo owner) look over the car and get it running in top notch. It needs cleaned up a bit (I am working on it now) but it runs really well.

I've also lowered the price for $6,000. This includes spare block / head (of course they need work). Snow tires, regular Yokohoma AVS and 17" wheels.

Matt W

Reduced to $5,500.

edit: more pics here:

click

Last edited:

Matt W

Bump: Reduced to 4k FIRM (this does not include spare "short block/turbo)

One of the nicest galants you will find.

Also has manual seat belts installed, not those stupid mouse belts.

Last edited:

4G63_GSR

wow this is tempting! i'm not looking for a monster gvr4. just looking for a clean DD.

Matt W

Bump!

And let me also state (lots of things to remember) it has a manual rack in it, no power steering, but it is not hard at all, except for parallel parking, which I never do.

Matt

maxash0775

Great looking car. just a clarifying question, is it ready to drive right now (like back to california) or does it need a head gasket? How many miles also, I must have missed it.

Matt W

It is ready to drive, does not need a headgasket, 153k miles on it or so. I have not driven it hardly at all over the past year or so, so it could be driven to california, but like anything...that is a long drive.

Matt

mikus

I looked at this car today and took it around the neighborhood, everything's just as described. The TRE shifts great, it fired right up, drove fine and pulled as good as a dusty 14b would. The two full wheel/tire sets have plenty of tread and good condition, 3rd set tread is pretty decent.

As for "will it drive to CA" -- it's a 20 year old 4G63, if you have to ask you shouldn't try! but I wouldn't feel too concerned driving it back ~4hrs to my home from what I saw.

Matt W

Thanks Mike. Great meeting you. As a note, I can't seem to locate the front strut bar. I will keep looking. It was a cheapo bar you can make for about $20 in supplies so I wanted to disclose that.

-Matt

MMorgan

There's a line buddy! I got cash ready to be in his hand.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts