The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 GVR4 rolling chassis. #416 New Jersey - Parted Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateCrisman

Off The Market - I'v started parting the car out 3/29/2010

1992 Galant VR4 rolling chassis for sale. #416 of 1000. 133k miles. Green with sunroof.

I bought it with intent to part-out but it's straight & rust free so I figure I'll give it a fair chance to be rebuilt. The car was already disassembled by the previous owner.

Partout value is well over $2500. I will sell for $1000 FIRM. I'm not negotiable on the price at all nor will I throw in more parts to make a deal.

No sale on or about April 1st. = full part-out and shell crush. Business as usual for me.

I have a trailer and can deliver the shell a reasonable distance. It will cost you gasoline at 10mpg. I'm around just about every day if anyone local wants to come check it out.

Email: [email protected]
Cell: 862-251-2571 TXT prefered

Includes
[*]Straight body. Rust free. I don't see any major accident repair.
[*]Paint and cosmetic condition I'd rate 6/10. The drivers rear quarter was poorly repaired (see pics).
[*]Has some dings and scratches, the hood has a dent. I can detail photograph all body damage for a seriously interested party.
[*]All wiring harnesses are in excellent shape. not-hacked engine harness & all good plugs.
[*]5 lug hubs with 16" 1g eclipse wheels and usable tires
[*]3" SS downpipe & 3" mild steel press bent catback. No cat. damn near new condition.
[*]Starion FMIC core. Support and bumper cover have been cut up to fit fmic.
[*]Sunroof, power antennae, windows, locks, all electrical stuff works.
[*]Full interior with good leather seats. Headliner is so/so. interior needs cleaning.
[*]#416 dash badge. no keychain fob.
[*]3bolt rear diff/axles with 4WS parts still there.
[*]ABS pump and lines and power steering rack intact. (not sure if 5lug swap is ABS compatible)
[*]Brake system. Clutch hydraulics. Shifter cables & 1G DSM shifter assembly.
[*]Fuel tank, sending unit, and fuel lines are all intact. unknown fuel pump.
[*]Radiator and stock fan.
[*]I'll include some misc engine parts that will help putting it together.
[/list]

NOT Included:[*] AC, Cruise control, and emissions stuff is gone
[*] Engine, Turbo system, IC pipes
[*] Trans, Xcase, clutch, flywheel, front axles.
[*] ECU and all engine related electronics
[*] Trunk area missing some trim panels and spare tire is gone
[*] Grill & corner lights
[*] Radio head unit
[/list]

Pics: (more pics can be taken posted on request) Interior pics coming soon as I get it off the trailer.
807330221_aN8VQ-M.jpg

807330668_92XMX-M.jpg

807330957_ExXAK-M.jpg

807328433_JwKfp-M.jpg

807327796_JJCBe-M.jpg

807327671_coyZo-M.jpg

807327970_9wTJc-M.jpg

807328158_4KAcy-M.jpg

807327237_tM6fT-M.jpg

807326373_9zSay-M.jpg

807327451_8ZtZZ-M.jpg

807326607_NVkaL-M.jpg

807326799_3soAW-M.jpg

807327004_UvaAX-M.jpg

Body "repair" on the drivers rear 1/4. visible bondo edges and non matching paint color.
807330437_4aZNx-M.jpg

807325950_WnmTc-M.jpg

807326150_2TL2Z-M.jpg

807326150_2TL2Z-M.jpg

807323141_BgDVB-M.jpg

Last edited:

NateCrisman

The shell is currently sitting on a set of 4 brand new KYB AGX shocks. I was planning to remove them and swap for a set of stock shocks (using the KYB's on #139 that I drive) at the $1000 price listed above, but until then:

Price of the shell is $1250 with the brand new shocks or $1000 with stock shocks. The car was listed on Craigslist today as well at the same $1250 price.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

I'v had ZERO interest in the shell as a rebuildable car here, and Craigslist has turned out about 35 clueless dsm-ers and honda guys but not a serious buyer (plus the usual spam). Im moving up the part-out to March 29th, which is next monday. There is enough work to do on other things to delay it till then, but since it doesn't look like anyone wants this GVR4, that's the plan.

Anyway...just FYI: if anyone is sitting on their hands undecided about this car....now is the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Edit due to me forgetting which month is which /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

nickbuilt

Quoting NateCrisman:
I'v had ZERO interest in the shell as a rebuildable car here, and Craigslist has turned out about 35 clueless dsm-ers and honda guys but not a serious buyer (plus the usual spam). Im moving up the part-out to March 29th, which is next monday. There is enough work to do on other things to delay it till then, but since it doesn't look like anyone wants this GVR4, that's the plan.

Anyway...just FYI: if anyone is sitting on their hands undecided about this car....now is the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Edit due to me forgetting which month is which /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

if it does come down to you parting the car out i want dibs on the tailights please let me know about that!!

thanx-nick

4wheelsqueal

Would someone please buy this!! straight rust-free gvr4's don't come along every day for this price!! i'd trade you 1049 in a heartbeat for this one. man, i am so glad i don't live closer to you, nate. i'd have 7 of of these things if i did.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Quoting 4wheelsqueal:
Would someone please buy this!! straight rust-free gvr4's don't come along every day for this price!! i'd trade you 1049 in a heartbeat for this one. man, i am so glad i don't live closer to you, nate. i'd have 7 of of these things if i did.

I'd be happy to sell it whole and see another GVR4 rebuilt and on the road. But unfortunately, I have not had a single serious inquiry. Sad but predictable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

NateCrisman

Partout is 1 day away. #416, the bell tolls for thee. My lift is ready on monday.

I'm seriously surprised I haven't had one credible inquiry yet or one person come look at the car. Sucks that with all the anti-partout sentiment on this board that not one single person was interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dude from Oklahoma City, OK.....if your serious...you have a 23 hour+ trip 1425 miles each way. I sent you an email, which I didn't get a response to yet.

Last edited:

crimsondragon

Sucks. As usual, if I had space and time, I'd jump on this. I need to find a warehouse to live in.

1941Galant

That is a decent price for that GVR-4, and I would sure as hell pick it up if I knew what my living situation is going to be like in a few months.

4wheelsqueal

Quoting crimsondragon:
Sucks. As usual, if I had space and time, I'd jump on this. I need to find a warehouse to live in.

i second this. hate to see another one go but i have no room or time for another. only problem is getting my wife to agree to live in a warehouse!

NateCrisman

Partout has started today, the car is no longer for sale as a roller.

MitchooO

dibs on bare shell! haha..

NateCrisman

OK...here's the deal with the partout.

#1...Iv had people PMing me for parts constantly. I can't stand the PM system on forums, especially on this forum because it's not searchable. I can't go back quickly and find out whom I told what 3 weeks ago, nor can I do it effectively from my Iphone while at the shop without a real computer. SO: [email protected] for questions regarding parts off this car. Seriously, I won't answer pm's other than with that email link.

#2 Ill be pulling parts all this week and adding them to the shopping cart at DSMpartout.com I might make an update to the for sale thread I'v already started that has all the parts from previous GVR4's Iv parted out thus far. But generally, it is going to be easier for you guys to just shop off my website than a for sale add. All GVR4 parts are catagorized, it's simple to look through. It will have a parts search function within a day or so.

#3 75% of the parts that will come off this GVR4 I already have in stock and ready to ship from one of the 4 other vr4's Iv already parted out. Chances are I have what your looking for ready to.

#4 the few performance parts/aftermarket/standout items on this car...Ill make a for-sale add here once I have them off the car and have a chance to see condition, take pics, and decide a price.
3" exhaust
AGX shocks
fmic core& cut bumper

I'v already go a few emails of people "calling dibs" on the exhaust and noone has even seen it yet...the thing could be shaped like a prezle for all you guys know! relax...as soon as it's off the car, Ill go down the list notifying anyone that contacted me that it's ready for sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts