The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FREE: Green GVR4 Lake Charles, LA // Sold / Gone

I have a Green 1992 Galant VR4

Price Range: FREE
Range: Pickup
Details: I purchased this car used in 2001. It was in somewhat terrible shape at the time. Now, it no longer runs. I am looking to find it a good home.
My main requirements are that if I give this to someone they rebuild or restore it. I absolutely love this car, but I do not have the time, nor the resources to devote to it now.
So, I want to see it go to a good home. I also would love to see it running again, and I hope it can make someone happy. I do NOT want to see it given to a junk yard to rot away.
I would prefer to not see it used as a "parts" car either.

Now, onto the issues. This car does not run.
There is no turbo. I think one of the valves are bent. Some of the EGR vacuum tubing has been removed. I do not know how much.
Second gear grinds a tiny bit (just like on most Galant / DSM transmissions.)
The tires are flat. It has the original painted rims with the paint removed.
The moonroof is cracked / broken.
So, this one will need the engine pulled out and probably have to be rebuilt.
The transmission Might need to be rebuilt eventually. It still worked when it ran, but while you are in there, at least replacing the 2nd gear syncros would be a good idea.

The interior is still in excellent condition.
When it was running the AC worked great.
All of the electronics are in great condition.
The 4WS is still installed.
I have a good few random parts that go along with the car, including the stock turbo, and a stock used DSM 2G turbo.
It has been so long since I have looked at it that I have forgot most of everything that goes with it.

Everything on this one is stock except for a manual MBC and a boost gauge.

One big setback is the fact that I DO NOT have the title.
Again, I DO NOT have the title. It got lost in one of several moves, and because I can no longer contact the previous owner I cannot get a deed of transfer when I purchased it.
I can probably get it. But, if this car is for the track, or 'off road' use then one is not needed.

This car has been sitting in my driveway for several years, I want to see it go to a good home instead of a junk yard.
So please take care of this rare find.

Maxwell.

EDIT:

This Galant has been claimed all ready. Sorry to everyone. But I do think it is going to a good home.

Last edited by a moderator:

GVR4458

Per the ruiles of the forum, you need to put a location in the title. That said, it will likely be gone quickly so long as you can prove it wasn't stolen...

EH

toybreaker

iconoclast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Man, this has Tim (Raptorreed) written all over it.

His car is disappearing out from under him due to corrosion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope it finds a good home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting GVR4458:
Per the ruiles of the forum, you need to put a location in the title. That said, it will likely be gone quickly so long as you can prove it wasn't stolen...

EH

Fixed, Thanks.

I missed that little bit.

Sadly I do not have any proof of ownership. But I do have pictures dating back probably 7 or 8 years ago of me with the car. So, that might have to do.
I will need to check on finding the title.
I wanted to see how much of a bite I could get with this, and it looks like I might just find a happy home for this GVR4 soon.

Maxwell

raptorWagon

Damn it! Why do you have to be so far away?!

I will try to get some pictures of it in the morning. I do not have anything current.

found a place that would ship for around $600. i gotta see what my financial situation will be and get back with you.

raptorWagon

I put a listing up on Uship, see what happens. The no title deal is what I don't like dealing with is my only concern. Is there any rust on this vehicle?

im getting quotes between 650 and 750. thats not bad. i'd like to see some pics though before i try to gather my resources and finances.

must... not... get...another... wife will kill me.

very generous of you maxmahoney

147/1000

Let's see some pictures. I'm in Louisiana and MIGHT take it off your hands

marvinmadman

I can pick it up as soon as tonight. Let me know. Pm sent!

Sorry about the slow response.

#620/1000 1992
I got a chance to really look over the car this afternoon.
I had not seen inside for about 6 months or so.
I did not realize it, but during the last major hurricane here a branch had broken through the moon roof and inside cover.
There is EXTENSIVE water damage. I feel terrible missing this. The interior was in fantastic condition last time I checked.
But now since there has been standing water inside the car there is quite a bit of mold. If any of it is salvageable it would be a miracle.
I really hope that this car can go to someone who can do something good with it. At this point even using it for parts would be better than sending it to scrap.
But aside from using it for a parts car, aside from an almost complete rebuild top to bottom this would not be usable as a full working car, unless you are really good.

So, here are the pictures.

GalantPictures013.jpg

GalantPictures012.jpg

GalantPictures011.jpg

GalantPictures010.jpg

GalantPictures009.jpg

GalantPictures008.jpg

GalantPictures007.jpg

GalantPictures006.jpg

GalantPictures005.jpg

GalantPictures004.jpg

GalantPictures003.jpg

GalantPictures002.jpg

GalantPictures033.jpg

GalantPictures032.jpg

GalantPictures031.jpg

GalantPictures030.jpg

GalantPictures029.jpg

GalantPictures028.jpg

GalantPictures027.jpg

GalantPictures026.jpg

GalantPictures025.jpg

GalantPictures024.jpg

GalantPictures023.jpg

GalantPictures022.jpg

GalantPictures021.jpg

GalantPictures020.jpg

GalantPictures019.jpg

GalantPictures018.jpg

GalantPictures017.jpg

GalantPictures016.jpg

GalantPictures015.jpg

GalantPictures014.jpg

marvinmadman

Damn! It's beyond what I would fix for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

lol im still interested. not the first time i stripped a car to guts and pressure washed everything. here in iowa near the rivers we deal with flood cars all the time. few panels and some tlc, couple parts out of the mitsu pile at work and its a dd for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts