The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 76 Datsun 280Z w/ RB26 (not installed) - $5500 - PA

Because of lack of $ and long term interest right now, I have to part out my RB/Z project . Too much debt thanks to cars over the years has caught up to me.

Basically I have a mostly complete RB26, minus the stock turbos and ECU, that is torn down to the short block. The block still has nice cross hatching in the cylinders, pistons aren't dented or anything and the bottom end bearings looked fine when I took them off. The head is still together (valves, valve seals, springs etc) and looks fine. Cams show no major wear. I think this would be a nice starting point for someone who wants to do a stockish build and just throw some new bearings/gaskets in and go. Also comes with a nice RB25 pan along w/ the stock one. I'd rather not try to ship everything but if the buyer wants to arrange everything, I'll work with them. I DO NOT WANT TO PART IT OUT RIGHT NOW, I'd rather sell it all and not get stuck with parts I can't do anything with. This would be perfect for you 240SX guys, since the RB25 pan is what you'd need to do the swap and most people pay 2500+ for an RB20/25, so a 26 at this price is a steal I think.

RB26 = $2500

Next is my 76 280Z. Car runs and drives pretty nice. I got it from Cali so there no major rust anywhere on the car. The underneath is clean, not rusted through the frame or anything. Black w/ Black int, 4spd, L28, ok interior not great (cracked dash, no radio etc), body is good (bottom corners of each door were fixed at some point along with a spot under the rear hatch glass) and has old school BBS style wheels (not sure if they are actual BBS's but I've been told they are). It has a red hood now since the stock one was dented and rusting. I also have a rear early 70s bumper w/ bumperettes thats not installed. Check out the pics here, not much but its all I have right now: click

Z = $3500

If someone wants both together, I'll do $5500 FIRM. I think these are very good deals so please don't bother to low ball me. I MAY consider trades for both the car and engine together, something that would be a nice daily driver (BMW, Acura, Lexus etc). Great winter project for someone who has the time, even with just a stock 26 mated to the stock trans this car would be scary on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Best way to get me is email at [email protected]. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
Joe,

Please add some pics or at least link to some pics of the car.

Thanks.

John

These are all I have right now. If anyone wants to see something specific let me know.

I've also decided to lower the price to $5000

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned