The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 VR4,$3000,Rhode Island:SOLD

The car runs and drives,has about 209k miles,75k on completely rebuilt engine.Timing belt was replaced at 180k(OEM PARTS).Still has working ABS and 4WS.Factory alarm also still works.Cruise and AC have been removed,but parts have been saved.I have had this car for about 7 years.The following is a list of what it has(also have all receipts):
ENGINE:1g rods with 2g pistons,balance shafts removed.Bottom end work done by machine shop.Engine assy was also balanced.Cylinder head and valves were all new when engine was built.Has 2g exhaust manifold.Big 16g turbo(new when engine was built).Complete Buschur 2.5' stainless exhaust with catalytic converter.
FUEL:Has Walboro 255 fuel pump with rewire.Stock injectors.Adjustable fuel pressure regulator,eith gauge on top of fuel filter.3g MAF with chipped and socketed ECU.K&N air filter.Still using stock IC.Has a manual boost controller and Autometer boost gauge.
TRANS:All bearings,shift fork and pivot ball,1/2 synchros were replaced about 3 years ago.Center diff was also replaced and has bearing upgrade done by Dogbox Racing.5-4 downshift will hang up or bind-but it happens intermittently.Also has ACT 2100 clutch assy with 75k on it.
SUSPENSION:Has KYB GR2 struts with H&R springs.Cusco front and rear strut bars.Recent front outer tie rod ends and 4 wheel alignment.
BRAKES:Has Power slot rotors and Akebono ceramic pads(about a year and a half old)
WHEELS:16" Maxxim wheels-the painted spokes are fine,but clearcoating on rest of wheel is pitted.Will need new tires.Also have stock wheels with snow tires.
INTERIOR:Driver's seat has tear on seat back and split on seat bottom seam.All other leather is good.Has a couple of cracks in dash pad and is lifting in some areas.Sunroof is in working condition.
BODY:Some surface rust under vehicle.Left rear door rusted on bottom.LF fender rotted on bottom(behind cladding).Fuel and 4ws lines have some rust,but have held up so far.Several dings on body and roof-no major dents.Previous owner had front clip replaced due to accident damage.
SPARE PARTS:I have a lot of spare parts including:factory service manuals and tools,complete sun roof assy,4 complete doors from a 1989 galant LS,ABS hydraulic unit,transfer cases,EVO8 IC,IAC valves,TPS sensors,throttle bodies,Mitsu MLS head gasket,plus numerous seals and interior parts.
I'm sure there is more,but that's all I can remember at this time.Thanks for looking-Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Adorsey

does this car have a salvaged title? and any other pictures would be great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The car does not have a salvage title.What other pictures would you like to see?If you are near by,it might just be easier to take a look at it.Thanks-Jeff

Adorsey

its about a two hour drive. but, i would like to see pictures of the interior, and any rust thats rotting out, and anything else you might want to know if you where gonna buy it.

thanks!

I have some days off at the end of this week-Oct 22-24.I will take some more photos.I am about an hour and a half from Boston,but I work in Norwood Mass.I can drive the car to work if you want to see it.I'm there from 8am until 9pm on the days I work.Thanks-Jeff
Here are some additional photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned