The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 92 SOHC Galant White $250 Lusby, MD

holeshotmoe

**SOLD** Thought this would be a cool car for my daughter, and a good deal at $1000, but within a week after I bought it, it started leaking oil, water, and smoking. I'm convinced the PO knew the motor was on it's last leg. I should have paid more attention.
:-O Anyway, I put brand new tires and a new windshield in to get it through MD state safety inspection. Replaced the water pump, thermostat, timing belt and balance shaft belts (and pulleys/tensioner/idlers). Also put a rebuilt alternator on it. All this since May2009. So I'm out about 1800 + my labor! Ugh! But no more water leaks. However there's a good bit of blow-by so I suspect badly worn rings or maybe a cracked ring or two is causing that. I did a compression check and I got 170-180 psi on all cylinders...which is actually good I think...so I don't know for sure. The extra crankcase pressure results in oil being pushed out of the valve cover gasket. I pulled that and resealed it which helped a little bit.
So if you had access to a known good engine it would be a decent daily driver. I would love to do that but just don't have the time. Other info:
-4G63 SOHC, automatic w/OD. Idles rough, smokes, but runs.
-Manual windows, mirrors, poor cloth seats. Has the automatic seatbelts. Interior is blue. Removed and cleaned the carpet, seats, and all interior trim. The trim is still in the trunk but I can put that back on.
-Doesn't have a radio but you could probably pick one up here for cheap. And the dash mounted speakers are missing too.
-Think it has about 120-140k...I'll check this and update
-Has tags/insurance so I could perhaps deliver if it's not too far. I live about 60 miles south of DC, and work next to DC near redskins stadium if you wanted to pickup. I will consider tossing in a good set of stock GVR4 rims. The wheels on this car are 14's though. Oh, and it's missing one of the wheel covers.
-Body is in good shape with no rust...but it looks like the clear coat is peeling in a few places.
-Will add interior, engine, and trunk pictures when I get a chance.
-Ask if you have questions.

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

Bump for $ drop. Will consider offers but I gotta get something out of this. May end up donating for a tax credit.

holeshotmoe

Need to get rid of this. Now $500 with a set of "okay" tires on steel wheels, instead of the new ones and the gvr4 rims. (Wonder if the 4g63T will bolt up to the auto trans in this car...)

Have you considered parting it out? If the body and interior are nice, alot of it will go.

holeshotmoe

Here's some more pictures...under the hood, interior...
...and I checked the mileage today = 146,452

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

Still have this sitting in my back yard. Started it the other day. Going to have it towed off to a yard in a week or so. New tires were traded off with some barely fair ones. Pulling the windshield for my other galant if nobody buys this one. Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

If you part it out (depending on price) I could be interested in the auto trans and/or the cyl head.

-Shawn

91GVR4#479

My exhaust on my stock 91 VR4 is loaded with holes. If you part it out and if the connection to the engine is the same on this car as it is on a VR4, then I would be interested in the exhaust from the engine back...including the downpipe. PM me on email me if interested

[email protected]

Lancer99

^I dont think it would work the VR-4's should be a tad longer to clear the awd drive train if im not mistaken but someone could correct me if im wrong. Plus look at the for sale adds theres a sticky for Certified exhaust if i believe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts