The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91' #34/2000 IL $3400 obo IL SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

#34/2000 is up for sale. I picked this up from a fellow member in early July. Due to some financial issues, it's gotta go. I'll be honest, I paid less then my asking price, but I have put a lot of time into the car since I've had it. I've also added a stereo which can be negotiated. Most of the below posting is from his original post

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #34/2000 - VIN - JA3CX56U9MZ009361 - 148,900 miles

Engine:
- Stock 4G63 overall. Never had to open it up for a headgasket or engine problem. Stone stock mitsu, just the way I like it.
- FP Evo 3 Big 16g - Ported - Clipped 10 degrees - 34mm flapper. All work performed by FP at the time of purchase and will come with a SS oil feed line that I have not yet installed. Has roughly 2k miles on the whole setup.
- Hallman Manual boost controller set at a modest 10-11 psi. Basically as low as it will go since I have yet to install a pump/injector/regulator setup. Just got the turbo for the "future" since my stock 14b seals bit the dust.
- Johnny Racecar FMIC, I actually forget exact dimensions. Part of me wants to say 28 x 3 x 18 core with 2.75" outlets but I may be off by a little bit.
- Stock piping at this time since I was going to make my own set. The car will come with Mandrel bent 2.5" pipes that include 2x 180's, 2x 90's and 2x 45's.
- Car will also come with uninstalled Walbro 255 pump.
- MMCD logger setup with all cables and adapters. Not to mention super sneaky hookup port.
- Magnecore wires with 1 step colder plugs changed ~ 2k ago with turbo.
- K&N filter, not recharged in pics, but will be recharged and ultra pink again. Will come with recharge kit that I have.
- 2.5" Turbo back exhaust with Dynamax straight through muffler. I like my car to look subtle and sound good, so I opted for no fart can.
- Apex'i Turbo Timer.

Drivetrain:
- ACT 2600 clutch with 2k on it. I put the clutch in at the same time as the turbo went out. Resurfaced flywheel from AMS as well with new dowels.
- Rear end growls and will need to be changed in the next few thousand miles. The car will come with not only a GVR4 specific 3bolt for a quick change, but also an unassembled 4 bolt. I just havent put either of them in but the car will come with BOTH. Not to mention 4 bolt axles and cups necessary to do swap.
- Recently found that passenger side inner axle boot has torn and will need to be replaced. No clicking axles, just needs a boot.
- 1G "short throw" shifter with 2g leather knob.
- B&G synchromesh trans fluid always used.
- Trans is starting to get notchy, doesnt grind any gears, but its the stock original trans.

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:
- Tein springs with Evo 8 shocks. Great stance without being too slammed. Rides great IMO.
- 92 Nile black rims with near new Kuhmo ASX tires. The tires seriously have 10/32 tread on them. I think they have around 3k on them total. Mounted and balanced myself so you know they are perfect.
- Drivers side lower control arm bushing is cracking and makes a noise when it gets flexed. I havent had time to pull it all apart and put a new bushing in. I oringally thought it was a strut making the noise and changed it with the noise still there. Ha, should have looked more closely.

Brakes:
- New DOT 4 fluid.
- New rear rotors with 7 miles on them.
- 2 new rear calipers.
- New brakelines from the middle of the car back. They rotted away so I painstakingly double flared all new brake hardlines. Will...never...do...that...again...period.
- New E-brake cables installed from mitsu.
- EBC Green pads in front and Hawk pads in rear.
- SS brake lines installed in rear already, but fronts are still in my toolbox. Car will come with front lines as well.

Interior:
- Mostly stock here with a kenny spec (14u2nv) laser cut radio bezel with gauge cutouts. Currently has Stewart Warner boost gauge but I removed all other gauges and radio. The car will come with not only the stock radio/equalizer, but will come with the aftermarket pigtails to hook up your preferred cd player.
- Leather is near perfect with a small wear spot where my ass rubs across the seat bolster when I get in. Otherwise leather has no splits/cracks/tears of any kind. Always leather care treated and garaged. Wear spot will be shown in pics.
- Dash is also near mint with one tiny star split starting in the usual badge area, will be represented in pics.

Body:
- Stock as stock can be here. The front bumper has seen better days for sure, its not ruined or destroyed but I cant call it mint.
- Paint is glossy and always kept nice, not to mention garaged. Car has a few dings and dents but no real "damage". I hope it will be accurately represented in pics as well. I take good care of my sh*t.
- Wiper linkage has also bent itself so it scrubs weird when used. Will definitely need new wiper linkage.
- Some minor rust on car. The car isnt rotting, but it always has been a midwest car and hopefully all of the spots will be shown in the pics. The prerequisite hood rust spot for sure with a small amount starting on lower/inner door panels. Also getting a little started along the edge of the windshield. Almost no rust can be seen from outside of car, in fact it looks like it doesnt really have any. I just want to be honest about the car though so there are no surprises when someone comes to look at it.
- Passenger side dogleg starting to come off, needs new oem plastic clips, stays on car fine though as it is.
- Optima yellow top battery

I have a huge stack of reciepts that will also come with the car from the previous owner and myself, its about an inch thick. Several people on this board can attest to the cars cleanliness and how well it was taken care of. Now onto the pics!

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

beigetsi

Im not sure if I missed it but does it have A/C if so does it work well, how does it idle with a/c on or off? Has it been garage kept since you have gotten it in july? Any other pictures you could send/post? And do you have any pictures during like noon time rather than morning time if i am correct im looking on an Iphone so cant honestly tell for sure.

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

Well, I compared your post & the previous owners & couldn't see much difference between them.
Regardless, free bump to you.
Good luck w/ sale.

A/c works. Stole from previous owners ad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Quoting Eighty9TSI:
Good question, cant believe I even left that out. The A/C works flawlessly and has a new charge of R-12 that is roughly 1 year old.

like I stated before, most of this post is from the original-ac works, to be honest, I haven't used it though. It's been garaged on and off since I've had it.
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

beigetsi

Spoke to this guy. Very genuine and honest. he was very accomidating with all my questions and didn't hesitate with responses. nice car. Wish I wasn't 1000 plus miles away or this thing would be sold. GLWS.

Last edited:

RACER-X

have it shipped.. most of the north cars for me are 1,000-1,500 miles away. the last one are the NY area and Im in Texas mind you (on the coast at that) I inquired about shipping and I was getting quotes from $700-$900. Not to bad when you can rec. the car in less then a week and insured.

Last edited:

I'm gonna be driving this to MOD in Bloomington, IL on Saturday if anyone wants to check it out

I sent you a message hopefully we can work something out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting kupalroni:
hi wat is ur no. cuz i want to see the car i live at carol stream?

Learn proper English first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts