The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #1886/2000 close / no longer on market

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikus

I'm hesitant to do it but I think it's time to sell #1886/2000. I love the car but:
1) I'm getting married soon and will need $$ and
2) I bought a house late last year, and really need to attend to things on it instead of spending my time in the garage.

The following is essentially a copy of the 2007 FS ad from when I bought it - I'll add my notes in blue to reflect any work/maintenance/changes.

Engine:
Fairly recent rebuild with 2G pistons, ~5K miles M:160K then, ±172K on odo now
No balance shafts
Fresh head with HKS 264/264 cams, 3G lifters
EVO3 ported exhaust manifold
EVO3 ported O2 housing
EVO3 16G turbo with ported turbine, ceramic coated - holds solid boost at any psi M: New MHI unit installed ~165K, same coated exh housing and had a shop helicoil all 4 turbo bolts
ARP rod bolts/nuts and main bolts
Turbotrix silicone coolant hoses
Koyo Aluminum racing radiator
Progressive 100psi water/meth injection M: 1 of a kind setup, very nice
RRE Griffin/Spearco FMIC system
1990-style oil cooler (external cooler included, never installed though) M: me neither, still included
Carbon Fiber spark plug cover and Greddy oil cap
Relocated Odyssey Red Top battery
1994 hall-effect CAS
Supra fuelpump with rewire
All #6-AN fuel lines under the hood with Earl's fuel filter
Essex/Aeromotive FPR @ 43 psi
Siemens Deka 750cc injectors
Venom Intake Manifold M: now with HONDATA IM gasket > link for details
EVO8 MAS with Dejon intake and M: put new filter, intake adapter on, and 22º turbo coupler for perfect fitment
Gabor Stainless Steel exhaust shield
img.php

Chassis:
1993 headlights with HID low beams
FONDMetal 16" wheels with Toyo Proxes 225/55R-16 tires (>65% tread)
All 4 sets of wheel bearings replaced
polyurethane sway bar bushings all around, as well as fresh Mitsu endlinks
RRE stainless brake lines
slotted rotors with M: put stoptechs with porterfield RS in front, and IIRC metalmaster in rear a few K ago
KYB GR-2 struts all around M: replaced driver side

Last edited:

mikus

updated a few items above.
Daily driven currently, axle seal drip fixed, still leaking oil I assume but real slow, no driveway drips recently. Taking it in for a rear wheel bearing in a day or two, and probably do something about that exhaust cutout next month (DMH?)
Will be at MOD in Normal if anyone wants to check it out there, will go into hibernation/winter updates not too long after that.

I always loved how Jeff kept the car simple looking and the engine was just crazy colors everywhere! You have done a good job keeping it up, good luck.

Howie

Hey Mikus...

May be interested, as... I'm an idiot. lol

You still have my number by chance?

mikus

PM'ed you Howie, don't have the # handy

The GST isn't quite my interest thanks...

Good luck with the sale Mikus. I test drove this car before Mikus bought it & can say it was a solidly built car. Mikus seems to have done nothing short of justice to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif by maintaining it porperly.

mikus

bump for Chitown vr4s for sale crew
new rear wheel bearing and axle seal installed, and a good scrubdown last night. Cya at MOD

mikus

bump for upcoming winter hibernation. Rear driver caliper stuck so replaced w/ new set of pads.

I really like this car & the reason I had test drove it while it lived in FL was because I was looking to purchase it. The only reason I didn't was because I was between jobs at the time. Mikus flew out & drove it back. A very solid car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

mikus

Things changed up a bit... car's off the market for a while (hopefully through 2010 at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts