The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Eclipse GSX rolling chassis. SOLD in NJ

NateCrisman

SOLD

$800 obo

91 Eclipse GSX. 112k miles. I originally bought it to part out, but really the car is actually pretty nice, so I would like to sell it relatively whole.

The car came from NY, and was a driveway ornament for about 1.5 years due to a failed TOB, which snapped the sleeve cast into the bellhousing that the TOB rides on. Basically it needed a trans rebuild for a $20 TOB failure. ACt clutch was ruined in the process as well.

Upgrade parts included in the chassis sale:
KYB AGX shocks & unknown springs
Walbro fuel pump
"big brake" front brake upgrade
Clarion CD player
2.5" mandrel bent exhaust (no cat, straight through)

The paint I would rate 6/10. It's a "10 foot car", in which it looks awesome from 2 parking spots away. But up close, you see defects. The paint has some bubbles in random spots, and is cracked pretty bad on the drivers front fender and top of the wing. The car was repainted a few years ago, but this seems like sun damage from sitting unwashed/waxed too long. The black roof wasn't repainted and really needs to be polished up. There are very few dings, the body is quite straight.

Interior is decent. Seats are good, carpet is pretty clean. It has gear oil funk though, due to the trans/xcase sitting in the trunk for a year. (Fabreeze?) Headliner is falling in the back, dash has some peelup, but otherwise it's decent. The trunk is stripped due to the carpet/boards soaking up gear oil. I'm going to try and clean up the trunk area and help the smell.

Engine bay: ABS, AC, PS, Cruise, and emissions stuff all seem to be intact.
I'll give it a quick degreaser bath and take a couple pics. Engine/Trans are removed.

Car includes mechanical parts: radiator, hoses, all motor mounts, engine wiring, driveshaft, 3bolt rear, front axles,

Car is missing:
Engine, Trans, Xcase, engine electronics, turbo and IC systems, Ecu, injectors, battery,: pretty much most of the stuff attached to the engine itself.

I can put together a reasonable package deal for the car as well as nearly all the parts needed to put it together and drive for someone with the time & effort to assemble it.

NOTE: The pictures show two gauges, a momo shift knob, and some misc wiring around the ecu area. Those items aren't going with the car.

[email protected]
Please email instead of PM's!

580475456_EKrnH-L.jpg

580475709_zGtvF-L.jpg

580474590_wDpRP-L.jpg

580474523_A4ZkV-L.jpg

580474353_4MpKd-L.jpg

580474424_EMU8D-L.jpg

580474710_xvYMB-L.jpg

580475034_Ax4yz-L.jpg

580474862_vb3GC-L.jpg

Last edited:

crimsondragon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
That's a sick deal. If I had the money I'd jump on it.

NateCrisman

New pic of the engine bay after a gunk degreaser bath.
584036172_yWf3Q-L.jpg

I got the hatch area cleaned out and washed. The gear oil smell should go away with some venting now that the source is gone.

Jostar

I'll take the tailight assembly!!!! I have been looking for a set, Please let me know if you wanna sell them to me... I can always trade you my talons taillights...

NateCrisman

I'm really trying to not part out the chassis yet, as I think the car is worth someone rebuilding it.

Hey man just wanted to say thats a fine looking car you got there. Def. don't see that blue a lot. PPplease don't part it.

NateCrisman

PPplease find someone to buy it so I don't have to part it.

Jostar

Nate, If you start parting it out, Please sell me the tail light assembly, the whole enchilada...& front bumper...

steve

No way, I have dibs on the enchilada.

NateCrisman

Car is located:

1028 Route 94
Frelinghuysen, NJ 07825

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifwhat kind of deal can you put together for the car a trans and tranfer case?

NateCrisman

$800 including a trans/xcase. The trans came out of a 93 TSI AWD that mad an engine issue so it should be totally fine.

NateCrisman

Quoting 1990ggsxnj:
Nate, does the sunroof leak at all?

It's been outside for 2 years, the interior was dry and clean, so I'd day the sunroof is leak free. It's an aftermarket sunroof.

NateCrisman

Quoting crimsondragon:
Any deal to include an engine as well?

I don't have a complete assembled engine anymore, that sold already.

What I do have is a stock head, a 6bolt block/crank set, and just about all the other parts to rebuild a motor. (everything is in tuperware tubs and separated). you'd need pistons/rods/gaskets/machinework and alot of patience.
Ill toss in stuff like a usable oil pan, front case, water pump, water pipe, Tstat housing, valve cover, cam gears, tbelt parts, flywheel. might have oil/water lines for turbo.

I'll do the car, a trans & Xcase, and the above mentioned "most of the stuff to build a motor" for $950

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned