The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 91 Galant VR4 #86/2000 - NM - $4500 SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmrider

Car is tentatively sold, will update if when the sale is completed on November 1st

*** Depending on date may be able to deliver vehicle, contact me for more info ***

My brother was driving her around for a few months but he finally found another vehicle on 7/10/10. Odometer is 155,3xx miles and slowly climbing ( I drive her quite a bit when in town ).

Rest assured she's one of the few surviving members of the 4WS, ABS, CC, R12 A/C, and 95% rust-free club. Also passed NM emission tailpipe sniffer and visual with flying colors in May 2010. Ready for DD duties or with a turn of the boost controller surprise a few folks. Mods will support a decent amount of HP altho I rarely ever set the boost controller above 17psi ( at my 5300ft altitude the injector DC was never above 60% ).

And a DD she is, this car needs nothing more than gas ( or your imagination ).

A brief mod and info list:

Car still has fully operational cruise control, ABS, 4WS, and R12 A/C

Upgrades -

Engine, Fuel, Exhaust:
Complete OEM rebuild at 118k by PO ( johnsminibike ), today has 156k
MHI EVO3 ported turbo
2g ported O2 housing
SS exhaust manifold studs and nuts
Original CMP 2.5" TB exhaust with high flow cat
2g MAS
FIAV blockoff plate and coolant bypass
510cc JDM yellow injectors
JDM intake tube
Stage I DSMChip/Keydiver
3000GT fuel pump
JDM non-RS FMIC

Suspension:
Bilstein Touring Comfort struts front and rear
EVO8 coil springs, front cut one coil and 3/8" spacers rear
New front tophats, bump stops, and dust boots at 143k

Body/Interior:
Non-power antenna from Curtis ( cut to body dimensions )
Hacked front bumper for FMIC ( beam support and center section )
Manual seatbelt conversion ( highly recommended over the electric chokers )
Tinted windows ( 35% front, 25% rear as per local laws )
1g TEL shifter and leather boot
89 Under-dash with pocket and vents
93 headlights
JDM Full Time 4WD horn center
92 front grill
Viper alarm with remotes
92 rims with BFG KDW rubber 205/55-15

I have been lax about updating the pics, here are some I took today 9/10/10:

As you can see she ain't perfect ( driver seat bolster wear, dash around PS defrost vent separating, small rust spots around windshield shown in later post ) however it is aging very well. More pics of the underbody, doors, and flaws in later posts.

I travel quite a bit with work so PM is the best bet for reaching me.

Thanks for the time and space!

Last edited:

ktmrider

Here are more pics. I found more than the 2 rust spots as indicated in the original thread, they are all pictured with my pinkie as reference.

Here are some body pics with imperfections. First is trunk lid, second is DS rear door, third is PS moulding, fourth is PS front bumper:

Misc interior shots including 89 underdash:

Driving shot, tried to get cruise light on and show no CEL's:

Will get some door shots Tuesday and post them up ( no rust ).

Last edited:

ktmrider

More pics or door bottoms, trunk lid, and butt end:

Misc engine bay including hard UIC made locally:

I'll try to get front underbody shots but am leaving town on 6/26 thru 7/4.

Ooooh I want that steering wheel. Good luck with the sale. It looks pretty clean.

ktmrider

^^ Thanks a bunch guys, like always my timing is impeccable ( travel and potential customer FTL ).
One note, Toybreaker has seen and driven in the car while passing thru ABQ last year. I think he would be open to a PM for a separate opinion on the car and it's condition.
I won't lose a bit of sleep if she stays in the driveway so the current lack of interest ain't a bad thing.
More pics taken 9/21/10 of underbody, also shows the weeping TC rear seal:

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting ktmrider:
She just is not a practical backup car for the wife and kiddos while I travel, and travel I am doing.

Get them bicycles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Damn, Mike, I hate to see you thinking about selling.

In fact, I've decided to passively resist the sale, so the only positive words you'll get from me is that none of the wheels fell off on the drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting ktmrider:
I'll try to get front underbody shots but am leaving town on 6/26 thru 7/4.

That's of the car, riiiiight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All kidding aside, this is one of the cleanest Galant's around, and it ran really well when I saw it over the holiday. Mike has kept this car immaculate, and it shows. Even has the official vr4 mats!

It's a strong car with solid mods, and would make an excellent daily driver.

If I wasn't already overstocked with projects, I'd be snatching this one up, as it's worth every penny.

ktmrider

Bump, she's back on the market again for $4500 firm.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Bump, updated the first post with new pics and info from the Members Rides section.

boostedinaz

When this car was in AZ I worked on it to fix an idle issue and the car was very clean and ran perfectly. I have no doubt Mike has only made it better. I also want to say that this should be the standard for EVERY for sale add on the board.

Wish I was in the market for a GVR4 as I would buy this car up in a heart beat.

ktmrider

Thx Mike, appreciate the kind words!

Car runs absolutely perfect. No idle surge, no grinds in the tranny, only "drip" is from the TC rear seal which I have been lax on replacing ( level does not go below the fill plug, only overflow from filling at an angle ).

Always amazes me that people will spend $2000 on a "fixer upper", put another $1000 into it, never get it running, then sell for a loss. While my price is higher than most you won't find another one in better mechanical shape that looks good/great plus has EVERYTHING working like new or better. You also won't be posting a new-to-the-forum-but-my-car-runs-like-crap thread with #86 LOL.

Last edited:

i'm most def. interested...but unfortunately won't have the funds for quite some time. if the car stays around (which i doubt for something this clean)..i would love to take it off your hands.

trexn8

Pm sent. Would like to come see the car on Thursday.

ktmrider

As of now I have a tentative deal with a local DSM member for #86. She is fur shur going to a great home, The Rabbi as we call him seems to have the same vision for her as I do/did ( no hacking, enjoy 17psi or so of boost, leave everything intact ).

He's gonna drive her while I am on my next business trip, if all goes well we do the official paperwork when I return Nov 1st.

Thanks to all for your kind words, support, understanding, and even entertainment over the last few years! If I wasn't traveling so much with work Boomerang woulda stayed put. Once the travel slows or changes I am DEFINITELY getting back into the GVR4 world.

Toybreaker/John, keep doing what you are doing for the site and its members. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed our conversations plus all the foot-in-mouth or part emergencies you have bailed me out of. Glad to see the "M" next to your name!

I will post up if/when the official sale occurs, peace out all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned