The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: VR4 965/2000, 108kmiles, St. Petersburg, FL $1,200

TurboTrader

1991 Galant VR-4 965/2000 White, 108,000 miles.

I bought this car as a project and have not finished it, got too many other projects right now, and I need to get our finances in order so I can put money towards the other projects.

It is very decent for an 18 year old car, and an excellent car to restore or mod.

Presently it is just about bone stock with the exception of the Evo III FMIC (not installed right now).

The head underwent a mini rebuild just before I bought it and the head gasket was replaced and the timing belt done. The motor is in very nice shape. The tranny, transfer case rear end are all in excellent shape. There appear to be no leaks from the transfer case, and I was told the recall work was already done on it, which is very common for these. The 4WS is also intact and works.

There is no clutch installed currently. The old clutch was put in my other vehicle since I planned on putting an ACT 2100 in this one.

The only major problem is the blown 14b turbo that needs rebuilt, or replaced since it has a ton of shaft play. It was pulled before it began destroying itself. The intercooler piping will need to be redone as well since I pulled it all and threw it away due to the questionable appearance and likely several boost leaks (which would explain the condition of the 14b that was on there).

The interior is about a 6/10. It will clean up nicely with a little elbow grease and a couple odds and ends replaced. The one front seat has a tear, the other is separating at the seems a bit. All but the passenger side front window is tinted, so the tint should be removed and/or redone. The carpet has been redone and looks very good. The interior does have some custom "touches". There are no speakers in the dash or rear deck present, but I have a set of 3.5's for the dash that I can throw in with the deal, they're not blown or anything and have seen little use. Other than that, the door locks, power windows, etc. all work.

The AC is present and works, but needs to be recharged and converted for the new freon I believe. The condensor and compressor are both present as well as both cooling fans for the radiator.

The battery has been relocated to the trunk, and is larger than stock. I'm pretty sure with a quick charge the battery is just fine, since it has not been drained and looks to be pretty new. I recommend some of the underhood wiring for the battery be redone, but nothing big.

It has a rebuilt ECU, not under warranty any longer, but the caps were replaced with upgraded ones and it works great.

The paint was also done recently. With some buffing and polishing it would look good. I would say about a 7/10 on the body mainly since the front bumper was hacked up for the FMIC, but other than the front end, the car looks good. All glass is good, no leaks, and all looks very good.

There are aftermarket wheels on the car now, but I do have the stock white ones that came with it. It is up to the buyer on which wheels I include. Either set will definitely need tires though, since they are dried out.

It is a florida car, and has been it's whole life, so there is absolutely no rust and overall is clean, granted it is 18-years old afterall.

Other than that, I think I have pretty much covered everything.

The car is located in St Petersburg.

I'm asking $1,200 or shoot me an offer.

galant0002.jpg

galant0001.jpg

galant0015.jpg

galant0014.jpg

galant0013.jpg

galant0012.jpg

galant0011.jpg

galant0010.jpg

galant0009.jpg

galant0008.jpg

galant0007.jpg

galant0006.jpg

galant0005.jpg

galant0004.jpg

galant0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

Holy door rice!! I kind of like the headliner tho.

What is the other one in the back ground, and do you have either of them listed in the registry yet?

TurboTrader

The other one is #145/2000 and it should be in the registry. It's not for sale, I can only bear to get rid of one of them.

And no, I didn't do the door rice. It doesn't look to bad in person if that is your taste, but at the same time, it certainly wouldn't be too hard to re-cover them in suede or just find new ones. The headliner really doesn't look bad at all, imo it is better than the gray sagging cloth you normally see on these. A little cleaning of the headliner it should look good as new. Since the pictures I have cleaned up the door panel inserts and the interior a little. The inserts look pretty clean now.

TurboTrader

I am so sick of lowballers. Not to say anything bad about this forum, as I have had no offers here yet.

If you want to offer me $500 for this car, don't bother. If you want me to help you get the car running, don't bother. Like I said, I have too many other projects, and I AM not willing to spend the time with you, otherwise I would make it drive myself, and it would be alot less headache.

If you are looking to buy one of these, you know what they are and you know what's involved. You also know once you get there, it will be a great car! I love my DD VR4, #145/2k and hence, why I am selling the other. I need one and I love it to death, not willing to part with it, so don't ask.

Needless to say, and in a bad economy, I understand completely. The first person to my front door with $1k cash takes this off my hands. I know it's worth more, but the thing's gotta move.

My wife is getting on me and I am taking a loss on this one.

I stand by my word. $1k cash and it is all yours.

VR4Scott

Quoting MadBeachDSM:
If you want to offer me $500. Don't bother.

But, uh, that's all you paid for it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

TurboTrader

Uh, no, it isn't. You know nothing about what was paid for it, so I would appreciate if you would mind your own business before you sit there and comment on something you know nothing about.

VR4Scott

Yes sir!

gvr4ever

So, how much does it cost to ship a car? Say to, Indiana...

TurboTrader

Shipping can be arranged. Depending on distance, etc, I can help with some of it, the rest will be at the buyer's expense.

Thank you.

let me know if this is still available, cash in hand and not too far away

James
321-662-5022

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts