The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: FWD Drag Laser - $12.5k - Indiana

1gFWD

With mixed feelings it’s time to find a new home for this incredible project. The business I started in Feb. is keeping me very busy and I will simply not have the time truly enjoy this car when it’s completed. At this point in my life I need something that can see some street time as well as time on the strip.

That having been said I’ll try to mention the highlights and keep this as short as possible... sorry for the long post.

Plymouth FWD Drag Laser
This car has been built with meticulous attention to detail by one of the leading chassis shops in the country (the same chassis shop that built GM’s first Pro-FWD Cavalier as well as the record-setting Pro-FWD Saturn of Kubo Racing). The geometry on the car was calculated on chassis design software to optimize the shock travel, camber, caster, bump steer. Etc. This was the same process that was taken on Kubo’s Saturn, which 60’d in the low 1.2’s. Originally built for the NHRA / NOPI Hot Rod class, this car will be able to run the Hot Rod or Pro-FWD style classes of any of the sport compact series as well as in the Competition Eliminator Class of the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series.

CHASSIS / EXTERIOR:
Chrome-Moly tubing throughout & built for a 7.50 certification
Custom 1-piece fiberglass front end (Stretched 6” in wheel wells)
Carbon Fiber doors with fiberglass inners (each complete door weighs 15lbs)
Percy’s Speedglass all around
Integrated tow hook receiver in roof
Jack pad under rear of car
Pro-Stock style spoiler with carbon naca duct
Tubular chute mount
Aluminum motor plate set up for a 4G63 (not drilled for trans yet)

INTERIOR:
Tinwork in rear floor & fenderwells, rear interior, and doors
Aluminum DSM style dash
Pedal bar hangers in place (will work for auto or manual)
Kirkey Seat
Carbon Fiber plate for electronics mounting
Carbon Fiber plate for battery mounting
Aluminum plate for staging brake mounting
Tabs for chute release, switch panel, battery charging connector, etc.

SUSPENSION / STEERING:
Custom Stiletto steering rack
Rob Moore Nitro Driveline front hubs, bearings, CV’s, and boots
Strange Engineering front double adjustable shocks
Rear straight axle with anglia spindles and adjustable shocks

WHEELS / TIERS:
Front - 28x9 MT ET Drags on Weld Magnums
Rear - 25x3.5’s MT skinnys on Weld Magnum PROs with carbon rotors

The roller is a solid 90% complete with only some minor fab work to finish. You’ll need to mount the front, fab the wheelie bars and drop in your powertrain and components. Anyone who has seen this car (especially some of the Indy guys) can speak to the quality and thought put into it.

Here's is an album of a few pictures. I have a lot more if needed.
click

I’m asking $12,500 OBO for everything listed above. Anyone that knows chassis fab knows that it would take a ton more than that to recreate this car. Arrangements can also be made to complete the car to any level you desire... just let me know.

You can email me at [email protected] or feel free to call my cell 317-506-0641.

I will also consider trade & trade/cash offers for 2G Spyders and Evolutions... maybe even a GVR4
Depending on the condition of and mods to the potential trade, I can offer the following items as part of the trade (nearly 10k of new parts).

Garrett GT42R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo
Headgames Motorworks Race Head with Ferrea valvetrain (1mm over valves, ti retainers, double springs, etc.)
Crane Cams "Custom Special" cams
Burns Stainless Divided Header with HKS 60mm GT Series wastegate
Sheetmetal Intake with 90mm Accufab TB
Magnus Hard Anodized Fuel Rail (used / no stand-offs)
10 Micron fuel filter
AEM EMS Universal (1900U)
4G63 Block & crank (used)
4GCS Block and crank (used)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned