The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2000 GC8 2.5RS / V3 STi full swap in CO $10900 obo

FOR SALE:

This car is a white 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS with a MY97 Version 3 STi conversion.

This is not just an engine swap using the 2.5RS transmission and driveline, the driveline was selected/replaced for a daily car that wont rip gears apart like its your job. The engine has approx. 80 thousand KM on it. Thats about 50K miles! Pretty low for a japanese motor!

The conversion consists of:
drivetrain and interior;
- JDM Version 3 engine, (VF23)
- 2005 Legacy GT Transmission and rear diff with 12k miles on them. One of the smoothest shifting subaru trannys ive driven. Much stronger than the RS transmission, short gears, but not TOO short.
- GC8 STi front 4 pots, slotted rotors
- GC8 STi cluster
- GC8 STi aluminum control arms and crossmember
- STi short shifter
- Japanese STi/WRX fuel pump
- Japanese painted rear spats
- Japanese rear STi tail lights
- Japanese STi clear corner markers
- Japanese STi foglight covers
- Japanese STi radiator and power steering cooler, ect.
- Japanese front bumper beam
- ect... other stuff in the conversion I can't think of at the moment.

other stuff/exterior:
- painted sideskirts
- Clear front turn signals
- Old school Kakimoto R, really OG (Monson Special Ed )
- H&R lowering springs
- KYB AGX Struts
- Subaru factory 6 speaker system
- STi Grp. N engine mounts and pitch stop mount
- "Original Gangsta" JDM divorced WG down pipe of unknown origin
- Brand new windshield
- 00-01 RS six spoke wheels
- STi pedal set

This car is a blast to drive! It runs and drives very well. The Version 3 has a VF-23 IHI ball bearing turbo, which has the hot side of the VF-22 (P20) for less of a drop in the high end power curve. She's just about done in my eyes, all thats left is to personalize it to your own specs!

I'm looking for 10,900 OBO. (theres some stock RS's listed for near 10, i think thats crazy)

Feel free to ask any questions or leave comments.
Below are pictures of the car a couple of months ago,and more current ones without the gold wheels. PM me for any questions or info

thanks,
Ryan

image005drn.jpg

white002.jpg

img2729.jpg

img2732b.jpg

img2736f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NYC86ZC

Very nice car. My buddy around here has one as well with a swap. He's rebuilding his engine now.

I thought this was a weird reflection on your glass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

464/2K

his hand... Looks weird at first.

4wheelsqueal

I'm not really a subie guy and i really like this car! gd with the sale. almost wish i had one less vr4 to make room for this...

Im not a subie guy either, but this car is quite fun. I hate wingless cars usually, but I think this one looks great without it.

VR4ownzU

I'll buy a few parts off it if you want to part it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ktmrider

Quoting RTSGVR-4:
Why would I part a prefectly running, very nice car out?

Auto reflex action for GVR4 sellers.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Great looking car, USDM WRX/STi minus 500 pounds = big smiles.

VR4ownzU

I didn't mean the whole car. I just picked up some brand new rear spats, all 4 aeroguards brand new. Mint SPT front strut bar. Working on getting a COBB catback right now. Think the only thing I would want anyways is the JDM tails and maybe the JDM clear corners. How do you like those foglight covers?

The JDM tails are sweet, but they are super expensive. The foglight covers are neat, but I honestly like having foglights better. On my old galant I made sure to keep the OEM fogs working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VR4ownzU

I find the foglights to be useless though. You would think how big they look they would help more. The JDM tails can be bought new for $230 yet everyone on ebay wants atleast that for a set of used ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Thats a damn good price, everyone I know pays 350+ new. Im going to guess theyre not FHI for 230

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned