The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2005 STI, Blue w/Gold, 25k miles, Ames, IA SOLD!!

ShaggyTE

Hey Guys I'm planning on selling my STI. I figure I'm still considered a noobie on here since I never post but let me know what you guys think. I feel the price is fair but let me know your opinions. I don't actually plan on selling the car though here but figure it can't hurt to get the word out so thank you for the space.

My car ID on Autotrader is AT-FB02D71

Call if you are interested or know somebody who is, my name is Tanner 712-251-0908. Or shoot me a PM.

Here are some pics

I got sick of uploading so here is my Flickr link. Photos

Please let me know what you guys think!

Thank you!

Last edited:

JB

Stock for the most part?

Rausch

How much oil does it go through between oil changes?

ShaggyTE

Could you guys find it on Autotrader with that id? The car has Cobb stage 2 suspension kit, SPT intake, Cobb-turbo back exhaust and the ECU reflashed.

The oil is about 1/3 of a quart low.

I'm looking to sell it because I want to start saving up more money. I would like to buy a house in a year or so.

Last edited:

dsmer06

Quoting bruce988jl:
dsmer06 you also have 303 posts....

That's a little weird.

Have you tried listing the car on the local ricer sites like jdmcity and dragsource?

jepherz

Staff member
Baller car, shaggy. You're above newb staitus, so I'll move this to the correct place. Good luck with the sale.

gvr4ever

Quoting ShaggyTE:
Could you guys find it on Autotrader with that id? The car has Cobb stage 2 suspension kit, SPT intake, Cobb-turbo back exhaust and the ECU reflashed.

The oil is about 1/3 of a quart low.

I'm looking to sell it because I want to start saving up more money. I would like to buy a house in a year or so.

Are they prone to loosing oil? Why low at only 25K miles?

blacksheep

The us spec motors 2.5L are prone to chugging some oil - not as bad a rotary tho. When tracking them, you have to keep an eye on the oil, else bye-bye rod bearings. Since it happen more than once to locals here with WRX and STi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ShaggyTE

Thanks for answering that one KC. There are lots of threads on it on NASIOC and people always say "try using this oil instead, I've had good luck with it" but it seems nobody really knows why.

ktmrider

Also keep an extremely close eye on oil pressure. There is a rash of broken oil pickup tubes happening on the STi, LGT, Spec-B, and FXT 2.5L Scoobies.
Pricing has been tough on the 03-06 STi's due to the 06+ WRX having the 2.5L motor. Although the new body and lack of a sedan is bringing up the price on your model.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned