The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 313/1000 UPDATED 6/26/09! Minneapolis, MN - Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chim55117

SixSixTwo's and DC_Style's brother here, with a VR-4 for sale. I recently bought this from DC_Style, my brother, who had bought it from Kevbo a few months back. I bought it with the intention of fixing the frame damage, but being 16, the capital needed to the finance the project soon ran short, which is the ONLY reason why I am getting rid of this car.

After taking it back to our place, we discovered that the water pump had gone out, and SixSixTwo and I replaced it with a NAPA OEM equivalant water pump and new serpentine belt. The last time we messed with it, it started, but had some rough idle issues we have yet to figure out. The car starts, but it is advised that you take it back on a trailer to solve the idle problem.

I never ended up getting quoted for a repair job on the frame, but I'm sure you could have it put in a frame and rack and have the core support straightened.

Car will not come with a front grille, because we inadventently ripped it off, or the Kenwood deck and boost/etc gauges in the center, there is currently a grant steering wheel on it right now that is not shown in the pictures, these pictures are from Kevbo's old sale thread.The valve cover has been replaced with a somewhat decent looking red shaved one.

The fact that the engine is a built block should be enough to consider the car, even if you don't keep it, you could keep the engine and part the rest. I simply do not want to deal with it.

You can drop me a PM, or call me at 1(612)801-7061.

Pictures from kevbo6204's sale thread:

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Specs from Kevbo's thread:
ENGINE:
· Forged 8.3:1 Wiseco Pistons
· Bored .020
· Cometic MLS Head Gasket
· Reconditioned Stock Rods
· ARP Head Studs
· Lightly Ported Head
· Reconditioned Head (New Springs, Guides, Valve Job, etc)
· New Front Case (Oil Pump)
· Balance Shafts Removed
· Rebuilt 14B Turbo
· All New Bearings and Gaskets
· All New Timing Components
· Brand New Alternator
· Brand New NAPA Water Pump

PERFORMANCE:
· 1G Shifter
· Gasket Matched 1G Intake
· Gasket Matched 2G Exhaust Manifold
· Ported Turbine Housing and EVO 3 O2 Housing
· Custom 3” Turbo Back Exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
· Boost, Oil Temperature, and Oil Pressure Auto Meter Gauges
Mounted in Dash
· Rewired Fuel Pump
· Rear Mounted Battery with Summit Racing Box
· Keydiver Stage III Chip
· Freshly Cleaned and Flowmatched 560CC EVO 8 Injectors
· 3G Mass Air Flow Sensor with Brand New KN Filter

REPLACED:
· Valve Cover Gasket
· All Radiator Hoses Replaced
· Throttle Body Cleaned and Seals Replaced
· Front Ball Joints
· Power Steering Pump and Rack
· Rear Brake Calipers and Brake Pads Around 140K
· All 4 Brake Rotors
· Parking Brake Cables
· Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder
· Tires (Fuzion HRi) at 150K

SUSPENSION:
· 4WS Disabled - Equipped with Non 4WS Rack
· KYB GR2 Struts
·
MISC:
· Pioneer Speakers
· AC Disabled

6/19/09 - Compression Numbers! 157 - 160 - 162 - 160

6/22/09 - Front end pictures, some of the cloudy pictures are due to high humidity and my SLR's lens fogging. I found some extra parts for the VR-4 which I will throw in for the new owner, extra corner lights, headlights, and some etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nartanian

Best wishes on the sale. Glad your not parting.

Chim55117

I don't think I can sorry, I don't have a trailer to bring the car down. Your only option is to drive up and trailer it back to your place.

Chim55117

Well, I don't know any other way I can help you out there. Sorry. I don't have a trailer myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DR1665

The damage to the front of that car is TOTALLY fixable, for those looking for a screaming deal on a GVR4. Remove the front end trim - bumper, cover, lights, et al - and then re-assess the damage. Find a Galant at a junkyard and cut the core support off it, then swap it out with the mangled one on this car. It's more labor intensive than it is scary difficult.

Front end on this car doesn't look as munched as 195 was...

This is more than likely the piece you need from a parts car. There is a difference between the front crossmembers of the FWD and AWD cars, but you can graft the AWD locating boxes onto the new core support as part of your repair.

This repair HAS been done WITHOUT expensive racks and frame repair equipment. If you'd like to see more details on what might be involved in fixing this car (and how you can do it yourself with a drill, sawzall, and good old fashioned elbow grease), here's a link to the thread where I went through this last summer.

click

Hope someone picks this up and saves it. A little effort goes a long way...

Andy_S

I have a core support I can cut out of my parts car for the next owner of this car.

Good luck on the sale. If you were closer to SE WI I'd buy it.

i'll take that roof rack from you if you want to sell it....i have paypal and cash in hand. i cant find a rack for the galant anywhere...

Nartanian

^ Hey hey hey, he never said he was parting it ok?... How much for the nose bra? I'll pick it up locally if you sell it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chim55117

I do not plan on parting anything out on the car at this point. The hood bra is not in my possession, Kevbo kept it when he sold the car.

Good luck with the car, man. If I had the cash I'd buy it from you right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully we can get that car to stay in MN.

prove_it

I got cash, need to talk to op, havent talked to him though.

prove_it

you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned