The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: Stock 1991 GVR4 - $2500 - Fond du Lac, WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sold the car tonight (4-3-09). I appreciate the space on the forum.

Selling my 1991 Galant VR4 (1320/2000). I have owned this car for approximately the last 8 years and put the last 100k miles on it. I only discovered this site a few months ago and wished I knew of it's existence earlier. With the age and miles on the car, there have been repairs but no modifications since my mechanical abilities are limited. This has been my only car since buying it - a true daily driver. If you have any questions about the car, please post and not PM, so others can see my responses. Feel free to PM me about seeing the car in person - available most weekdays after 5:30pm.

Title: Clean title as far as I know - bought it from family friend (if someone has the unlimited Carfax option, I can give you the VIN and then make the title available)
Miles: 178,000
Mods: None
Includes stereo system
Equipped snow tires (sorry, summer tires were junked)

Recent Maintenance:
New Battery - 1 month ago
Idle Air Control Motor - 2 months ago
Radiator - 1 year ago
Clutch - 1 year ago
New exhaust - year old
Transmission - original and still feels good
Engine - timing belt broke (when there was 35k on the belt) valves replaced and bored
Interior - very good condition (one seam in drivers seat starting to separate)
AC worked last summer, have not tried it this year

Known Issues:
-ECU had capacitors leak - it was salvaged and have been using it for 4 years (toggle switch controls power to ECU to keep the battery charged - custom anti-theft device right?)
-Engine idles high for first 2 minutes of driving and then idles fine after that (cannot find issue)
-Rear brakes will need to be replaced soon (no noise)
-Driver side rear wheel bearing has movement (no noise)
-Parking brake is disconnected (seized every new caliper I bought)
-Cruise control does not work (could not locate rubber vacuum seal part)
-Uses 1 quart oil every 2,000 miles - does not leak oil

Last edited by a moderator:

No sunroof on the car. I believe this was the only option that this car does not have. Also, there is not any paint blistering - only stone chips on the front end. I do have some photos of the underside and will post them tonight.

Here are photos of the underside. The red arrow points to my poor judgement with a floor jack a few years ago. I believe all axles and cv boots were replaced 2-3 years ago. The fluid on the oil pan is from me spraying down dripped oil from the oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned